1. Suppose X is normally distributed with a mean of 20 and a standard deviation of 8.
a. Determine the Z-score associated with X = 34.
b. Hence, determine the probability that X is less than 34.
2. Suppose that the time taken to drive from Orchard Road to Woodlands is normally distributed with mean 40 minutes and standard deviation 7 minutes. Determine the probability that a particular journey will take between 30 minutes and 45 minutes.
3. The temperature in Sydney in summer is normally distributed with mean 29.6 degree Celsius and standard deviation 11 degree Celsius.
a. Determine the probability that the temperaturewill change by falling more than 4 degrees Celsius in summer.
b. Determine the probability that the temperature will change by rising or falling by at least 5 degree Celsius in summer.
4. Weekly revenues for a particular curry puff seller in Ang Mo Kio are normally distributed with mean $11,480 and standard deviation $1,165. For how many weeks per year would you expect revenues to be less than $8,150?
5. The finishing times for the “National Championship – Men” category at the Singapore River Regatta 300m dragon boat race are normally distributed with mean 66.3 seconds and standard deviation 1.8 seconds.
Determine the slowest allowable time required by the RP men’s team in order to rank amongst the top 10% of all the times for the competition.
6. In a national examination, the government has designed a programme to help students at the bottom 5% of the results to improve their performances in Mathematics.
The score of the students is normally distributed with a mean of 60 marks out of a total of 100 marks and a standard deviation of 18 marks.
Determine the maximum score for a student to be eligible for this program.
Buy high-quality essays & assignment writing as per particular university, high school or college by Best Writers
Assignment status: Already Solved By Our Experts
(USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
QUALITY: 100% ORIGINAL PAPER – NO PLAGIARISM - CUSTOM PAPER
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How It Works
- Click on the “Place Your Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
AcademicWritersBay.com is an easy-to-use and reliable service that is ready to assist you with your papers 24/7/ 365days a year. 99% of our customers are happy with their papers. Our team is efficient and will always tackle your essay needs comprehensively assuring you of excellent results. Feel free to ask them anything concerning your essay demands or Order.
AcademicWritersBay.com is a private company that offers academic support and assistance to students at all levels. Our mission is to provide proficient and high quality academic services to our highly esteemed clients. AcademicWritersBay.com is equipped with competent and proficient writers to tackle all types of your academic needs, and provide you with excellent results. Most of our writers are holders of master's degrees or PhDs, which is an surety of excellent results to our clients. We provide assistance to students all over the world.
We provide high quality term papers, research papers, essays, proposals, theses and many others. At AcademicWritersBay.com, you can be sure of excellent grades in your assignments and final exams.