FIND A SOLUTION AT Academic Writers Bay
Health literacy is defined by the World Health Organization (WHO) as, “the cognitive and social skills which determine the motivation and ability of individuals to gain access to, understand, and use information in ways that promote and maintain good health” (n.d.). The American Medical Association (AMA) defines health literacy as, “a constellation of skills, including the ability to perform basic reading and numerical tasks required to function in the health care environment” (Baker, 2006). These definitions highlight the importance of health literacy for both healthcare workers and patients.
Whether it is the ability to fully analyze and interpret a researched study, or to speak to patients in a way that gains their trust and develops their understanding, health literacy directly relates to patient care.
However, understanding the importance of health literacy does not directly correlate to effective health literacy, so how does health literacy impact patient outcomes? What barriers or social determinants might impact health literacy?
For this Discussion, reflect on your understanding of health literacy, health information technology, and health economics. Consider the impact of each of these topics and explore how they are related to patient care. You will also recommend strategies to overcome potential barriers as they relate to the topics.
Baker, D. W. (2006). The meaning and measure of health literacy. Journal of General Internal Medicine, 21(8), 878–883. doi:10.1111/j.1525-1497.2006.00540.x
World Health Organization. (n.d.). Health promotion. https://www.who.int/teams/health-promotion/enhanced-wellbeing/seventh-global-conference/health-literacy#:~:text=Health%20Literacy%20has%20been%20defined,promote%20and%20maintain%20good%20health
- Review the Learning Resources associated with the topics: Health Literacy, Health Information Technology (HIT) on Patient Outcomes, and Health Economics.
- Consider the role of each of these topics in influencing how healthcare is delivered and practiced in your healthcare organization or nursing practice.
- Reflect on how COVID-19 might have impacted each of these topics, including potential barriers or challenges for future implementation.
By Day 3 of Week 8
Post a cohesive response that addresses the following:
- Explain how Health Literacy, HIT on Patient Outcomes, and Health Economics may be integrated into and impact clinical practice for your healthcare organization or nursing practice. Be specific and provide examples.
- Describe your understanding of the concept of health literacy. Why is it important to understand implications for the lack of health literacy for nursing practice?
- Discuss and evaluate how COVID-19 may have impacted each of these topics for healthcare delivery and nursing practice. Be specific.
- Recommend at least two strategies you might implement for overcoming challenges/barriers related to these topics in your healthcare organization or nursing practice.
- WE OFFER THE BEST CUSTOM PAPER WRITING SERVICES. WE HAVE DONE THIS QUESTION BEFORE, WE CAN ALSO DO IT FOR YOU.
- Assignment status: Already Solved By Our Experts
- (USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
- CLICK HERE TO GET A PROFESSIONAL WRITER TO WORK ON THIS PAPER AND OTHER SIMILAR PAPERS, GET A NON PLAGIARIZED PAPER FROM OUR EXPERTS
QUALITY: 100% ORIGINAL PAPER – NO PLAGIARISM – CUSTOM PAPER
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How It Works
- Click on the “Place Your Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the “PAPER DETAILS” section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
AcademicWritersBay.com is an easy-to-use and reliable service that is ready to assist you with your papers 24/7/ 365days a year. 99% of our customers are happy with their papers. Our team is efficient and will always tackle your essay needs comprehensively assuring you of excellent results. Feel free to ask them anything concerning your essay demands or Order.
AcademicWritersBay.com is a private company that offers academic support and assistance to students at all levels. Our mission is to provide proficient and high quality academic services to our highly esteemed clients. AcademicWritersBay.com is equipped with competent and proficient writers to tackle all types of your academic needs, and provide you with excellent results. Most of our writers are holders of master’s degrees or PhDs, which is an surety of excellent results to our clients. We provide assistance to students all over the world.
We provide high quality term papers, research papers, essays, proposals, theses and many others. At AcademicWritersBay.com, you can be sure of excellent grades in your assignments and final exams.