Quality Management and Techniques
Assessment of EFQM Model support for the proposal
The EFQM Excellence Model and its Levels of excellence
The EFQM was launched in 1991 as a non-prescriptive framework based on nine criteria, whose present version and respective weights are depicted in Figure 3.1 (Fonseca et al., 2021). The EFQM model was last revised in 2013 with the aim to align the framework with current business needs and trends (Escrig & de Menezes, 2015).
Additionally, since this model is based on the premise that enabler excellence is achieved by key stakeholders—those who build strong leadership, clear strategic direction, development and improvement, and partnerships—the causal relationship between enablers and outcomes Assume. Processes for providing value-added products and services to customers (EFQM, 2012). Hence, it can be determined that recognition for excellence performance means achieving both excellence performance and excellence results.
EFQM criteria and self-assessment tool
Business Excellence Models (BEMs) a.k.a Total Quality Management (TQM) is a holistic way of approach that helps to communicate the major of “Excellence” in all aspects of business, not just the product and process quality. By transforming the European Foundation for Quality Management (EFQM) Model into a comprehensive and standardized tool, organizations can achieve their business objectives, promote quality improvement, measure themselves, and develop their own organization Profile within the framework of an assessment system. (Oakland, 2014).
In EFQM, weights are assigned to each criteria that may be used in scoring self-assessments and competition awards. Companies can customize their framework to suit their specific requirements.
Self-assessment against, for example, the EFQM Excellence model should be a regular activity, as it identiﬁes opportunities for improvement in performance through processes and people.
The framework compose with one driver (ENABLERS) that can drive to achievements (RESULTS), contains nine elements of the Model of Excellence:
1.Leadership, Strategic ,People, Resources and partnerships ,Process, products and services focus on what need to be done to achieve for the result (ENABLERS),
2.People, Customer, Society and Key Results (RESULTS).
Assessing the EFQM’s enablers criteria
Self-assessment facilitates business excellence through systematically and regularly reviewing processes and results, highlighting strengths and opportunities for improvement, and facilitating continuous improvement. As part of the assessment process, self-assessment raises the following questions in each part of the criteria:
- What are the organization’s current practices in this area?
- How are they implemented? Is the approach systematic?
- Are there prevention methods in place?
- How frequently is the approach reviewed and what improvements are implemented following a review?
- How common are these practices?
Assessing the results criteria
The result of a company’s relate to what it has achieved and is achieving. Self-assessment addresses the following:
- Variety of performance indicator employed.
- In what extent the measures reflect the range of activities of the organization
- The actual performance versus targets and, when possible:
- Performance comparisons with comparable firms
- Performance comparisons with ‘best in class’ organizations
Results are assessed on the basis of the combination of two factors (see Figure 3.3, Chart 2, the results):
Figure 3.3. Scoring within the self-assessment process: Chart 2, the results
Benefits of BE Framework for SME in Singapore
Studies of the overall benefits of using BE show that organizations using a BEF approach can achieve significant operational and financial benefits. Studies shows that small businesses benefit faster than large businesses because they can change their business faster. As per the link, a list of benefits for small businesses:
A National University of Singapore study shows that enterprises certified to the Singapore Quality Class (SQC) have consistently outperformed their counterparts in the industry by an average of 50% in terms of sales growth over a five-year period. Those that had won the Singapore Quality Award (SQA) achieved an even higher sales growth of 75% above the industry average.
Take professional academic assistance & Get 100% Plagiarism free papers
Assignment status: Already Solved By Our Experts
(USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
QUALITY: 100% ORIGINAL PAPER – NO PLAGIARISM - CUSTOM PAPER
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How It Works
- Click on the “Place Your Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
AcademicWritersBay.com is an easy-to-use and reliable service that is ready to assist you with your papers 24/7/ 365days a year. 99% of our customers are happy with their papers. Our team is efficient and will always tackle your essay needs comprehensively assuring you of excellent results. Feel free to ask them anything concerning your essay demands or Order.
AcademicWritersBay.com is a private company that offers academic support and assistance to students at all levels. Our mission is to provide proficient and high quality academic services to our highly esteemed clients. AcademicWritersBay.com is equipped with competent and proficient writers to tackle all types of your academic needs, and provide you with excellent results. Most of our writers are holders of master's degrees or PhDs, which is an surety of excellent results to our clients. We provide assistance to students all over the world.
We provide high quality term papers, research papers, essays, proposals, theses and many others. At AcademicWritersBay.com, you can be sure of excellent grades in your assignments and final exams.