FIND A SOLUTION AT Academic Writers Bay
In the landmark case, Shelby County V. Holder (2013), the US Supreme Court struck down major 2
6. Writing Assignment #2:
(25% of final course grade)
provisions of the 1965 Voting Rights Act relating to the procedure of “pre-clearance.” Since the ruling, states like Texas, Georgia and North Carolina, can now make changes to their voting laws, such as photo ID requirements, that do not need to be pre-approved by the federal government. Supporters of this ruling say the pre-clearance rules are no longer needed and besides, states need new laws to protect against voter fraud. Opponents say that these laws are just a new form of voter suppression tactics that hit the poor and racial minorities hardest. Based on this, your paper must meet the following content, format and submission requirements:
- Describe the provisions (parts) of the Voting Rights Act that discuss the issue of “pre-
- Compare and contrast the views of those who think the federal government should have the
power of “pre-clearance” and those who do not. Include at least three points of comparison.
- Using evidence from any election in 2014 or later, argue whether or not you believe
the federal government should have the power of “pre-clearance” relating to election laws.
Include at least three reasons and/or examples to make your point.
- List at least two things you could do in order to engage in the political process in pursuit of
your position in (3) above.
- Cite at least three (3) reliable, quality references within the body of the paper using the
Chicago Manual of Style’s parenthetical citation style. One of the citations MUST come from the class textbook (-10 points if this is not done). You must have at least three parenthetical citations in the body of the paper that correctly match the sources properly formatted in the Works Cited Page.
A paper with no parenthetical source citations in its body will receive a grade of 0.
A paper with no works cited section (a.k.a. list of reference list, a.k.a. bibliography) at the end of the body will receive a grade of 0.
- Typed, 2-3 pages (not counting Works Cited Page), 12-point font, double-spaced.
- Your name, instructor name, POSC 1113, and the date.
- A title is required, but a separate title page is not necessary.
- An introduction with a thesis/statement of purpose in the first paragraph: “This paper will…”
- A logically organized and sequenced body followed by a clearly stated conclusion.
- Use of the Chicago Manual of Style’s parenthetical citation format. Students must be very
careful and pay attention to details when they examine and cite internet sources. A paper with no parenthetical source citations and/or no Works Cited page at the end will receive a grade of 0; no second chances will be allowed.
- Use of footnotes or endnotes is prohibited.
- Using encyclopedias, like Wikipedia, Ballotpedia, history.com, kids.law.com, etc. is
prohibited (-10 points).
- WE OFFER THE BEST CUSTOM PAPER WRITING SERVICES. WE HAVE DONE THIS QUESTION BEFORE, WE CAN ALSO DO IT FOR YOU.
- Assignment status: Already Solved By Our Experts
- (USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
- CLICK HERE TO GET A PROFESSIONAL WRITER TO WORK ON THIS PAPER AND OTHER SIMILAR PAPERS, GET A NON PLAGIARIZED PAPER FROM OUR EXPERTS
QUALITY: 100% ORIGINAL PAPER – NO PLAGIARISM – CUSTOM PAPER
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How It Works
- Click on the “Place Your Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the “PAPER DETAILS” section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
AcademicWritersBay.com is an easy-to-use and reliable service that is ready to assist you with your papers 24/7/ 365days a year. 99% of our customers are happy with their papers. Our team is efficient and will always tackle your essay needs comprehensively assuring you of excellent results. Feel free to ask them anything concerning your essay demands or Order.
AcademicWritersBay.com is a private company that offers academic support and assistance to students at all levels. Our mission is to provide proficient and high quality academic services to our highly esteemed clients. AcademicWritersBay.com is equipped with competent and proficient writers to tackle all types of your academic needs, and provide you with excellent results. Most of our writers are holders of master’s degrees or PhDs, which is an surety of excellent results to our clients. We provide assistance to students all over the world.
We provide high quality term papers, research papers, essays, proposals, theses and many others. At AcademicWritersBay.com, you can be sure of excellent grades in your assignments and final exams.