FIND A SOLUTION AT Academic Writers Bay
SCI 220 WileyPLUS® Week 2 Quiz (***** 30/30 Correct *****)
1. Click here to view the How It Works animation.
Insulin stimulates synthesis of _____in liver and fat cells
2. Which of the following is an example of a complex carbohydrate?
3. Which is incorrect concerning type 1 diabetes?
· It is an autoimmune disease.
· It accounts for 5 to 10% of diabetes cases.
· It is usually managed with exercise and diet alone.
· It is usually diagnosed before age 30.
4. Your friend Jason has diabetes and developed hypoglycemia. Of the following situations, which is the most likely reason why he developed hypoglycemia?
· He ate too much refined carbohydrate.
· He drank too much water.
· He took too much of his medication that is used to control his blood sugar.
· It was probably warm outside and he sweat excessively.
5. Line B shows the glycemic response after eating potatoes. Which of the following foods is most likely to cause a glycemic response similar to that shown in line B?
· Dinner roll
· Peanut butter
· Cheddar cheese
6. Which is NOT true about artificial sweeteners?
· They can help reduce the incidence of dental caries by replacing sugar in the diet.
· They can help manage blood sugar levels by replacing sugar in the diet.
· The only safe choice currently sold is stevia which is marketed as Truvia.
· Saccharin was taken off the government’s list of cancer-causing substances in 2000.
7. Click here to view the How It Works animation.
Molecules of glucose move through small intestinal villi into the bloodstream and then move to the _____vein and into the liver.
· hepatic portal
· all of these
8. Which metabolic pathway yields the greatest amount of ATP via cellular respiration?
· anaerobic glycolysis
· aerobic metabolism
9. When soluble fiber is present in the digestive tract, the fiber binds ____ so that they are excreted rather than absorbed. This helps reduce the amount of cholesterol in the body.
· bile acids
· fatty acids
10. Click here to view the How It Works animation.
The muscle uses _______ as energy reserves.
11. ________ splits fatty acids into two-carbon units that form acetyl-CoA and releases high-energy electrons.
· Anaerobic metabolism
· Lipoprotein lipase
· The citric acid cycle
12. Aerobic beta oxidation of fatty acids for creating energy (ATP) requires
· only a steady supply of fatty acids
· fatty acids, carbohydrate and oxygen
· fatty acids, protein and oxygen
· fatty acids, carbohydrate and protein and oxygen
13. Which lipoprotein contains the highest proportion of cholesterol?
14. All of the following are correct about the metabolism of triglycerides except:
· Fatty acids are transported into the mitochondria.
· Beta-oxidation splits fatty acids into two-carbon units that form acetyl-CoA.
· The glycerol molecule provides most of the energy in the triglyceride.
· The final step in aerobic respiration produces ATP.
15. The fat in ice cream
· Does not contribute to its appeal
· Makes it rich, creamy, and tasty
· Does not affect the texture
· Adds too many calories to be appealing
16. Bile is:
· produced by the liver
· stored in the gallbladder
· released in the small intestine
· All of these
17. The following are invisible sources of fat in the diet EXCEPT for:
· Ice cream
18. Lipids that are consumed in the diet are absorbed into the intestinal mucosal cells. From here, all of the following molecules, with the exception of ____, are not soluble in water, and are thus packaged for transport.
· fat-soluble vitamins
· long-chain fatty acids
· small fatty acids
19. Click here to view the How It Works animation.
The breakup of fat globules during lipid digestion results in ______ triglyceride emulsion droplets.
· fat soluble
· water soluble
· protein soluble
· none of these
20. An enzyme that digests lipids is:
21. Essential amino acids are identified as such because
· The side chain on these amino acids contains nitrogen
· The side chain on these amino acids contains at least 3 carbons
· The side chain on these amino acids cannot be made by humans
· The side chain on these amino acids contains nitrogen and at least 3 carbons
22. Protein is used as an energy source:
· preferentially over carbohydrates.
· exclusively by the brain.
· during starvation.
· only during exercise.
23. Someone whose nitrogen output is greater than their nitrogen intake is said to be in
· nitrogen balance
· positive nitrogen balance
· negative nitrogen balance
· There is insufficient information provided to determine the status.
24. If your diet is only deficient in lysine (lysine is the limiting amino acid), which of the following statements explains the likely change in the synthesis of the protein?
· The transfer RNA will not have enough lysine for the translation of the messenger RNA so protein synthesis will be impaired
· The transfer RNA will not have enough lysine for the translation of the messenger RNA but can substitute phenylalanine since both are essential amino acids so protein synthesis will not be effected
· The transfer RNA will have enough lysine for the translation of the messenger RNA since lysine can be made from carbon and hydrogen and nitrogen sources in the body
· The transfer RNA will have enough lysine for the translation of the messenger RNA by taking phenylalanine and converting this amino acid to lysine
25. Marasmus is a form of malnutrition that negatively impacts which of the following developing organs the worst?
· The brain
· The liver
· The kidneys
· The teeth
26. Why is protein-energy malnutrition more common in children than adults?
· The child’s stomach cannot digest protein from the diet.
· Adults eat protein sources from the diet that have a higher absorption rate.
· Because children are growing, their protein needs per unit body weight are higher.
· Children do not eat enough total calories so that protein must be used as an energy source.
27. Which of the following can be absorbed from the intestinal lumen into the mucosal cells?
· Single amino acids
· All of these choices
28. A _________bond joins amino acids together.
29. Which of the following is the most likely responsible for the health-promoting effects (reduced incidence of obesity, high blood pressure, and some types of cancer) of vegetarian diets?
· High intake of fiber
· High intake of tofu
· Low intake of sodium
· The total dietary pattern
30. All of the following are correct about protein structure EXCEPT:
· The final protein molecule always consists of one folded polypeptide chain.
· The order of the amino acids determine how the polypeptide folds.
· Polypeptide chains may contain hundreds of amino acids.
· The shape of a protein is essential to its function.
SCI 220 Wiley PLUS Week 2 Quiz
SCI220 SCI/220 WileyPLUS® Week 2 Quiz
WileyPLUS® Week 2 Quiz
- WE OFFER THE BEST CUSTOM PAPER WRITING SERVICES. WE HAVE DONE THIS QUESTION BEFORE, WE CAN ALSO DO IT FOR YOU.
- Assignment status: Already Solved By Our Experts
- (USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
- CLICK HERE TO GET A PROFESSIONAL WRITER TO WORK ON THIS PAPER AND OTHER SIMILAR PAPERS, GET A NON PLAGIARIZED PAPER FROM OUR EXPERTS
QUALITY: 100% ORIGINAL PAPER – NO PLAGIARISM – CUSTOM PAPER
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How It Works
- Click on the “Place Your Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the “PAPER DETAILS” section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
AcademicWritersBay.com is an easy-to-use and reliable service that is ready to assist you with your papers 24/7/ 365days a year. 99% of our customers are happy with their papers. Our team is efficient and will always tackle your essay needs comprehensively assuring you of excellent results. Feel free to ask them anything concerning your essay demands or Order.
AcademicWritersBay.com is a private company that offers academic support and assistance to students at all levels. Our mission is to provide proficient and high quality academic services to our highly esteemed clients. AcademicWritersBay.com is equipped with competent and proficient writers to tackle all types of your academic needs, and provide you with excellent results. Most of our writers are holders of master’s degrees or PhDs, which is an surety of excellent results to our clients. We provide assistance to students all over the world.
We provide high quality term papers, research papers, essays, proposals, theses and many others. At AcademicWritersBay.com, you can be sure of excellent grades in your assignments and final exams.