Clustered Knowledge Assessment (Event 1 of 4)
Name of the cluster
Unit code, name and release number
TAEDES401 Design and develop learning programs (Release 2)
TAEDES402 Use training packages and accredited courses to meet client needs (Release 2)
Qualification/Course code, name and release number
TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (Release 2)
Date created: 31/10/2018
Date modified: Region to insert date if assessment modified
For queries, please contact:
Technology and Business Services SkillsPoint
Building B, Level G, Corner Harris Street and Mary Ann Street, Ultimo NSW 2007
Email: [email protected]
© 2020 TAFE NSW, Sydney
RTO Provider Number 90003 | CRICOS Provider Code: 00591E
This assessment can be found in the: Learning Bank
The contents in this document is copyright © TAFE NSW 2020, and should not be reproduced without the permission of the TAFE NSW. Information contained in this document is correct at time of printing: 13 September 2021. For current information please refer to our website or your teacher as appropriate.
Table 1 Assessment instructions
Assessment details Instructions
Assessment overview The objective of this clustered assessment is to assess your knowledge in the following units:
• TAEDES401 Design and develop learning programs
• TAEDES402 Use training packages and accredited courses to meet client needs
As would be required to:
• identify trainer and assessor requirements
• understand training packages and units of competency
• identify commonly used terms and organisations
Assessment Event number 1 of 4
Instructions for this assessment This is a clustered written assessment and it will be assessing you on knowledge of all of the units listed in this assessment.
This assessment consists of one part:
Part 1: Short answer questions
Submission instructions On completion of this assessment, you are required to submit this assessment by uploading it to the unit assessment page in the learning platform.
It is important that you keep a copy of all electronic assessments submitted to TAFE and complete the assessment declaration.
What do I need to do to achieve a satisfactory result? To achieve a satisfactory result for this assessment all questions must be answered correctly.
This may involve your assessor allowing you to resubmit some of your answers. Alternatively, your assessor may ask you additional questions to confirm your understanding and knowledge of the topic area.
What do I need to provide? Access to:
• business technology including a computer with relevant software and internet
• student workbook, training materials and other research completed.
What the assessor will provide? Access to online learning resources and assessment events.
Due date/time allowed This assessment must be submitted by the due assessment date. Dates/time allowed information are provided on your Training Plan.
You should allow a minimum of two hours to complete this assessment. You may need additional time for preparation, research and revision to ensure you have responded to each question satisfactorily.
Supervision This is an unsupervised assessment event.
Your assessor may ask for additional evidence to verify the authenticity of your submission and confirm that the assessment task was completed by you. This may include oral questioning, comparison with work samples, or observation.
Assessment feedback, review or appeals In accordance with the TAFE NSW policy Manage Assessment Appeals, all students have the right to appeal an assessment decision in relation to how the assessment was conducted and the outcome of the assessment. Appeals must be lodged within 14 working days of the formal notification of the result of the assessment.
If you would like to request a review of your results or if you have any concerns about your results, contact your Teacher or Head Teacher. If they are unavailable, contact the Student Administration Officer.
Part 1: Short answer questions
A word count has been provided for each question. The word count is a general guide and is provided to ensure you write enough detail to adequately answer the question. You may type directly into the space provided or handwrite your response.
1. Using the table provided, in the second column list the full name of the VET stakeholders and third column explain their role and responsibilities within the VET system. Use approximately 100-150 words in each section to complete this table.
Stakeholders Full name of stakeholders Role, function and responsibility
IRC INDUSTRY REFERENCE
COMMITTEE Advise about skill needs within their industry. They ensure the industry training meets the needs of all stakeholders.
SSO SKILL SERVICE ORGANISATIONS SSO’s are independent service organisations that assist IRC’s in their work developing and reviewing training packages
ASQA AUSTRALIAN SKILLS QUALITY AUTHORITY The national regulator for vocational education and training. They register training providers and accredit VET courses to ensure standards are met.
AISC AUSTRALIAN INDUSTRY AND SKILLS COMMITEE Provides advice on the implementation of training policies. Ensures directions taken by skills ministers are informed by an industry based perspective which focuses on the quality and relevance of the training system.
2. Training packages
a. Where can you access information on training packages? List the website.
b. What is the function of a training package and how is it used when developing learning programs? Use approximately 50-100 words.
Training packages define the skills and knowledge required by beginners to perform a specific job. They do not specify how to train the beginners that is up to the provider through its trainers. The trainers develop teaching strategies and assessment methods to meet the needs, abilities, and circumstances of the beginners.
c. How would you identify changes to training packages and how would these changes apply to the program development? Use approximately 50-100 words.
I can get alerts from training.gov when a training package update happens, and new information needs to be known. These changes would then need to be implemented into the training package for future students.
3. Accredited courses
a. Explain the format and structure of an accredited course. Use approximately 50-100 words.
Is nationally recognised and meets an industry, enterprise, educational, legislative or community need.
Provides appropriate outcomes and a satisfactory basis for assessment.
Is aligned to AQF where it leads to a VET qualification.
b. What is the function of an accredited course and how is it used when developing learning programs? Use approximately 50-100 words.
4. Competency standards
a. Where can you access competency standards and assessment requirements? Use approximately 5-10 words.
b. Explain the format and structure of a competency standard. Use approximately 50-100 words.
c. How are competency standards used when developing learning programs? Use approximately 50-100 words.
a. List three examples of how you can contextualise a unit of competency. Use approximately 5-10 words.
b. List three examples of how you cannot contextualise a unit of competency. Use approximately 20-50 words.
6. Explain other performance standards and criteria that may impact learning program design. (This may include organisational and industry standards.) Use approximately 10-20 words.
7. Using the table provided, state the knowledge, skills and application criteria for the three qualification levels listed. Access the Australian Qualifications Framework AQF levels webpage to help you with this question. Use approximately 250-300 words in total to complete this table.
AQF level Knowledge Skills Application
8. The Vocational Education and Training (VET) sector has a range of relevant policies and legislative requirements, including Commonwealth, State & Territory. Using the table, describe the impact the following National standards, Legal requirement, Code of Practice and a Policy, impact training and assessment practice. Use approximately 100-150 words in total to complete this table
Standard/code/policy Impact on training and assessment
Standards for Training Packages
The Fit and Proper Person Requirements
The operations of the RTO are quality assured.
Privacy Code of Practice
Work Health and Safety Policy
9. Access the Companion Volume Implementation Guide for the TAE Training and Education Package. List the four endorsed components of training packages and identify the purpose of each component. Use approximately 100-150 words in total to complete the table.
Endorsed component Role and purpose of component
10. Provide two examples of non-endorsed components of training packages. Use approximately 10 -15 words.
Non-endorsed components of training packages
11. Use the table below to define the following terminology used in training packages and accredited courses. Use approximately 250-300 words in total to complete this table.
Training package code and title
Qualification code and title
Unit code and title
12. Discuss how the relationship between training packages or accredited courses links to the learning strategy and learning program. Use approximately 50-100 words.
NOTE: Your assessor will provide feedback via the online learning platform.
Assignment status: Already Solved By Our Experts
(USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
QUALITY: 100% ORIGINAL PAPER – NO PLAGIARISM - CUSTOM PAPER
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How It Works
- Click on the “Place Your Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
AcademicWritersBay.com is an easy-to-use and reliable service that is ready to assist you with your papers 24/7/ 365days a year. 99% of our customers are happy with their papers. Our team is efficient and will always tackle your essay needs comprehensively assuring you of excellent results. Feel free to ask them anything concerning your essay demands or Order.
AcademicWritersBay.com is a private company that offers academic support and assistance to students at all levels. Our mission is to provide proficient and high quality academic services to our highly esteemed clients. AcademicWritersBay.com is equipped with competent and proficient writers to tackle all types of your academic needs, and provide you with excellent results. Most of our writers are holders of master's degrees or PhDs, which is an surety of excellent results to our clients. We provide assistance to students all over the world.
We provide high quality term papers, research papers, essays, proposals, theses and many others. At AcademicWritersBay.com, you can be sure of excellent grades in your assignments and final exams.