FIND A SOLUTION AT Academic Writers Bay
Module 2: Termination
This assignment is designed to develop knowledge, values, skills, and cognitive and affective processes
toward demonstrating the following competencies:
Council on Social Education (CSWE) 2015:
Social Work Competencies & Practice Behaviors
Competency 8: Intervene with Individuals, Families, Groups, Organizations, and Communities individuals, Families, Groups, Organizations, and Communities
Description Social workers understand that intervention is an ongoing component of the dynamic and interactive process of social work practice with, and on behalf of, diverse individuals, families, groups, organizations, and communities. Social workers are knowledgeable about evidence-informed interventions to achieve the goals of clients and constituencies, including individuals, families, groups, organizations, and communities. Social workers understand theories of human behavior and the social environment, and critically evaluate and apply this knowledge to effectively intervene with clients and constituencies. Social workers understand methods of identifying, analyzing and implementing evidence-informed interventions to achieve client and constituency goals. Social workers value the importance of inter-professional teamwork and communication in interventions, recognizing that beneficial outcomes may require interdisciplinary, inter-professional, and inter-organizational collaboration. Social workers:
Practice Behaviors critically choose and implement interventions to achieve practice goals and enhance capacities of clients and constituencies;
apply knowledge of human behavior and the social environment, person-in-environment, and other multidisciplinary theoretical frameworks in interventions with clients and constituencies;
use inter-professional collaboration as appropriate to achieve beneficial practice outcomes;
negotiate, mediate, and advocate with and on behalf of diverse clients and constituencies; and
facilitate effective transitions and endings that advance mutually agreed-on goals.
The purpose of this assignment is for students to learn the skills necessary for effective termination with clients, agency, field instructor, and social work program.
• Plan for terminations with clients, agency, field instructor, and social work program.
• Read: The following case example (from Birkenmaier, J. M. and Berg-Weger, M. (2018). ThePracticum Companion for Social Work: Integrating Class and Field Work, 4th Edition) PearsonEducation, Inc. Chapter 10: Termination: The Beginning of an End, [p. 231].
Competency 9: Evaluate Practice with Individuals, Families, Groups, Organizations, and CommunitiesAssess Individuals, Families, Groups, Organizations, and Communities
Description Social workers understand that evaluation is an ongoing component of the dynamic and interactive process of social work practice with, and on behalf of, diverse individuals, families, groups, organizations and communities. Social workers recognize the importance of evaluating processes and outcomes to advance practice, policy, and service delivery effectiveness. Social workers understand theories of human behavior and the social environment, and critically evaluate and apply this knowledge in evaluating outcomes. Social workers understand qualitative and quantitative methods for evaluating outcomes and practice effectiveness. Social workers:
Practice Behaviors select and use appropriate methods for evaluation of outcomes;
apply knowledge of human behavior and the social environment, person-in-environment, and other multidisciplinary theoretical frameworks in the evaluation of outcomes;
critically analyze, monitor, and evaluate intervention and program processes and outcomes; and
apply evaluation findings to improve practice effectiveness at the micro, mezzo, and macro levels.
• Respond: to the two discussion questions below and submit your responses in a short (approximately 1 page) reflection.
1. What is your assessment of this situation, and what strategies can you suggest to Corinaregarding her interactions with Chad and the group?
2. What are some of your thoughts and feelings related to terminating with your clients? Agency?Field instructor? Social Work Program?
Additional Resources related to terminating with clients in social work practice:
• Birkenmaier, J. M. and Berg-Weger, M. (2018). The Practicum Companion for Social Work:Integrating Class and Field Work. 4th Edition. Pearson Education, Inc. Chapter 10: Termination
• The importance of closure. Summer 2010 issue of THE NEW SOCIAL WORKER (Vol. 17, No. 3).Retrieved from: http://www.socialworker.com/feature-articles/practice/The_Importance_of_Closure/
Case Example: Corina Tells Her Group She Is Leaving and Receives a Tough Response
Corina begins to plan for her departure from the adolescent group at her practicum. She has discussed the pending termination with her field instructor and developed a plan to transfer responsibility for the group to another practicum student, who will be continuing his practicum for the next semester. The teens had been informed at the outset that Corina was a student who would be leaving at the end of the semester. Corina implements her plan for terminating her involvement with the group by raising the issue several weeks prior to her departure. The week following this discussion, in which specific information was provided to the teens about the transition, Corina notes that Chad, a 15-year-old who ran away from home and who has a history of truancy and burglary, is sullen and unresponsive and refuses to make eye contact with her. Corina had found Chad to be a challenge throughout his stay at the facility. She felt that he wanted to open up and turn his life around, but she had become frustrated by her unsuccessful (but persistent) efforts to help him achieve that goal. Corina was mystified by Chad’s behavior this week, and when she tried to talk with him after the group, he lashed out at her and stated that it did not matter that she was leaving.
- WE OFFER THE BEST CUSTOM PAPER WRITING SERVICES. WE HAVE DONE THIS QUESTION BEFORE, WE CAN ALSO DO IT FOR YOU.
- Assignment status: Already Solved By Our Experts
- (USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
- CLICK HERE TO GET A PROFESSIONAL WRITER TO WORK ON THIS PAPER AND OTHER SIMILAR PAPERS, GET A NON PLAGIARIZED PAPER FROM OUR EXPERTS
QUALITY: 100% ORIGINAL PAPER – NO PLAGIARISM – CUSTOM PAPER
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How It Works
- Click on the “Place Your Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the “PAPER DETAILS” section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
AcademicWritersBay.com is an easy-to-use and reliable service that is ready to assist you with your papers 24/7/ 365days a year. 99% of our customers are happy with their papers. Our team is efficient and will always tackle your essay needs comprehensively assuring you of excellent results. Feel free to ask them anything concerning your essay demands or Order.
AcademicWritersBay.com is a private company that offers academic support and assistance to students at all levels. Our mission is to provide proficient and high quality academic services to our highly esteemed clients. AcademicWritersBay.com is equipped with competent and proficient writers to tackle all types of your academic needs, and provide you with excellent results. Most of our writers are holders of master’s degrees or PhDs, which is an surety of excellent results to our clients. We provide assistance to students all over the world.
We provide high quality term papers, research papers, essays, proposals, theses and many others. At AcademicWritersBay.com, you can be sure of excellent grades in your assignments and final exams.