FIND A SOLUTION AT Academic Writers Bay
Analysis and Application: Procedures in a Criminal Trial
The following case study presents issues related to procedures in a criminal trial and the roles of the major participants.
Jones, Walsh, and Bert have been arrested on suspicion of rape and criminal assault of a 14-year-old girl. As the police investigation unfolds they locate and obtain the statement of Bland, who provides them additional information about Jones. The evidence the police uncover reveals that there have been three separate assault and rapes of juveniles over a 3-day period.
The prosecutor in the case files charges against Jones, Walsh, and Bert for their acts. Bert hires an attorney to defend him. Bert tells his defense attorney that he did not commit any of the rapes and that he was only present one time with Jones and all he did was hit one of the girls. Bert explains that he can prove this because at the times the other rapes are alleged to have occurred, he was with Mook. Mook is currently out of the country on a mountain climbing trip and will not return for 2 months.
Shortly after the prosecutor files charges in the case, Bland contacts the prosecutor’s office and provides a written statement to the prosecutor that Walsh was not present during any of the rapes.
In a 2 page paper (excluding the title page and reference page), discuss the following questions, explaining your answers in detail by analyzing the facts presented and other factors you consider relevant; defining and explaining key legal terms and principles; and citing legal authority (your text and other legal authority) to support your conclusions.
- How should the court rule on Bert’s motion for severance in the case?
- What should the prosecutor do following the statement Bland after charges had been filed against Walsh?
- How should the court rule on Bert’s motion to continue regarding Mook?
Note: This Assignment will require outside research. Use at least two credible sources beyond the text material, and discuss how you evaluated the credibility of the resources used. You may consult the Kaplan Online Library, the internet, the textbook, course material, and any other outside resources in supporting your task. Use proper citations in APA style.
- WE OFFER THE BEST CUSTOM PAPER WRITING SERVICES. WE HAVE DONE THIS QUESTION BEFORE, WE CAN ALSO DO IT FOR YOU.
- Assignment status: Already Solved By Our Experts
- (USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
- CLICK HERE TO GET A PROFESSIONAL WRITER TO WORK ON THIS PAPER AND OTHER SIMILAR PAPERS, GET A NON PLAGIARIZED PAPER FROM OUR EXPERTS
QUALITY: 100% ORIGINAL PAPER – NO PLAGIARISM – CUSTOM PAPER
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How It Works
- Click on the “Place Your Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the “PAPER DETAILS” section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
AcademicWritersBay.com is an easy-to-use and reliable service that is ready to assist you with your papers 24/7/ 365days a year. 99% of our customers are happy with their papers. Our team is efficient and will always tackle your essay needs comprehensively assuring you of excellent results. Feel free to ask them anything concerning your essay demands or Order.
AcademicWritersBay.com is a private company that offers academic support and assistance to students at all levels. Our mission is to provide proficient and high quality academic services to our highly esteemed clients. AcademicWritersBay.com is equipped with competent and proficient writers to tackle all types of your academic needs, and provide you with excellent results. Most of our writers are holders of master’s degrees or PhDs, which is an surety of excellent results to our clients. We provide assistance to students all over the world.
We provide high quality term papers, research papers, essays, proposals, theses and many others. At AcademicWritersBay.com, you can be sure of excellent grades in your assignments and final exams.