FIND A SOLUTION AT Academic Writers Bay
Power, privilege, and classism are interconnected. The more privilege you enjoy, the more power you have to access opportunities that build wealth. The more wealth you can amass, the higher your social standing. It is important to note that having wealth is not an indictment. However, the privileges that have often led to inequalities in wealth distribution are real. As a social worker, you may find yourself working with clients who do not enjoy the privileges you knowingly or unknowingly enjoy. The more you understand your own relationship to power, privilege, and class, the better you will understand your clients’ realities. For this Discussion, review how classism is represented in the Hernandez family.
Use APA Format and citings from:
Adams, M., Blumenfeld, W. J., Castaneda, C., Catalano, D. C. J., DeJong, K., Hackman, H. W,… Zuniga, X. (Eds.). (2018). Readings for diversity and social justice (4th ed.). New York, NY: Routledge Press.
- Section 3 Intro Classism (pp. 164-172)
- Chapter 26, Class in America (pp. 173-182)
- Chapter 28, Race, Wealth, and Equality (pp. 185-191)
- Chapter 29, What’s Debt got to do with it? (pp. 192-195)
- Chapter 34, Deep thoughts about class privilege (pp. 204-208)
- Chapter 41, “Classism from our mouths” and “Tips from Working-class activists” (pp. 229-233)
- Chapter 42, Deep thoughts about class privilege (pp. 223-237)
- An explanation of how classism is demonstrated in the Hernandez video.
- Identify specific barriers to social services that the Hernandez family experiences because of their class status (e.g., working poor).
- Explain how the intersection of class (e.g., working poor), ethnicity (e.g., Hispanic), and migration history (e.g., move from Puerto Rico to mainland) may further impact the Hernandez’s experience.
- Identity 2-3 strengths in the Hernandez family.
- Provide recommendations for how social workers might address issues of classism present in the Hernandez case.
- Explain how recommendations would address class issues.
Heres the case work on Hernandez Family:
Hernandez Family Episode 4 Program Transcript FEMALE SPEAKER: So how’s your week going? What’s happening with that Hernandez family? That’s their name, right? You were having some challenges there? FEMALE SPEAKER: They’ve missed four of their parenting classes, so far. FEMALE SPEAKER: So they haven’t completed the parenting group? FEMALE SPEAKER: I have to call the ACS worker and let her know. They’re probably going to have to take the classes over again, and that’s going to be tough. The father misses overtime to come to the classes, and they really rely on that money to make ends meet. FEMALE SPEAKER: You have something else on your mind. Say it. FEMALE SPEAKER: I should have discussed this with you earlier. I don’t know why I didn’t. But perhaps they weren’t the best candidates for this to begin with. FEMALE SPEAKER: Because of their financial situation? FEMALE SPEAKER: Yes, and something else. I remember the ACS worker. And when she talked about wanting Elena, she kept calling them Mexicans. It was really derogatory the way she said it. FEMALE SPEAKER: So you’re saying she might have been biased into mandating that they take these classes? FEMALE SPEAKER: Yes. The more I think about it, she never talked to me about trying to understand the way they’re raising their children. And that Mexican remark, it just really wasn’t respectful. It’s like she had already made up her mind about people from that culture, and now they’re paying the price for it.
Assignment: Child Abuse and
- WE OFFER THE BEST CUSTOM PAPER WRITING SERVICES. WE HAVE DONE THIS QUESTION BEFORE, WE CAN ALSO DO IT FOR YOU.
- Assignment status: Already Solved By Our Experts
- (USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
- CLICK HERE TO GET A PROFESSIONAL WRITER TO WORK ON THIS PAPER AND OTHER SIMILAR PAPERS, GET A NON PLAGIARIZED PAPER FROM OUR EXPERTS
QUALITY: 100% ORIGINAL PAPER – NO PLAGIARISM – CUSTOM PAPER
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How It Works
- Click on the “Place Your Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the “PAPER DETAILS” section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
AcademicWritersBay.com is an easy-to-use and reliable service that is ready to assist you with your papers 24/7/ 365days a year. 99% of our customers are happy with their papers. Our team is efficient and will always tackle your essay needs comprehensively assuring you of excellent results. Feel free to ask them anything concerning your essay demands or Order.
AcademicWritersBay.com is a private company that offers academic support and assistance to students at all levels. Our mission is to provide proficient and high quality academic services to our highly esteemed clients. AcademicWritersBay.com is equipped with competent and proficient writers to tackle all types of your academic needs, and provide you with excellent results. Most of our writers are holders of master’s degrees or PhDs, which is an surety of excellent results to our clients. We provide assistance to students all over the world.
We provide high quality term papers, research papers, essays, proposals, theses and many others. At AcademicWritersBay.com, you can be sure of excellent grades in your assignments and final exams.