FIND A SOLUTION AT Academic Writers Bay
Anne is employed by Cory Contracting Company. Cory has a $1.3 million contract to build a small group of outbuildings in a national park. Anne alleges that Cory Contracting has discriminated against her, in that she has not been promoted to skilled craft positions with Cory because it thinks that it is inappropriate for women to be in skilled craft positions and that most of the male skilled craft workers are very much against having women in such positions. Knowing that Bradley Cory Contracting has a contract with the federal government, Anne brings suit against Bradley Cory under Executive Order 11246 for gender discrimination.
Will she be successful? Why or why not?
A Pentecostal nurse claims she was constructively discharged after refusing, because of her religious beliefs, to assist in medical procedures she considered to be abortions. She was initially transferred from labor and delivery to the newborn intensive care unit. Employee found this unacceptable because she says she would once again be forced to refuse tasks that involved allowing infants to die. The hospital invited employee to meet with human resources and to investigate available position, but she refused. Employee says the duty to assist in an accommodation never arose because a transfer to any other department is not a viable option since it required her to give up her eight years of specialized training and education and undertake retraining. Employee is terminated and sues for religious discrimination. Does she win? Explain. [Shelton v. University of Medicine & Dentistry of New Jersey, 2000 U.S. App. LEXIS 19099 (3d Cir. 2000).
Question # 3
In 2004, Lanita Thomas quit her job with United Airlines to work for Clay Lacy Aviation as a personal flight attendant on the Gulf Stream jet owned by retired NBA player Earvin Magic Johnson. Thomas says she worked an average of 10 to 12 hours per day, often catering to Johnsons very particular preflight requests, such as squeezing the planes stock of Red Vine licorice regularly to ensure that it was soft. Thomas, who was over 40, took time off due to an injury in 2010 and was temporarily replaced by a substantially younger flight attendant. When she returned to work, she alleges that Johnsons demeanor was less cordial and more standoffish and dismissive for several months. According to Thomas, on September 6, 2010, she arrived at the plane seven minutes late, after being delayed at a deli where she was purchasing specialty food items requested by Johnson. Two weeks later, Johnson fired her for being late to the September 6th flight. Thomas alleges that Johnson immediately hired the younger flight attendant who had replaced her earlier in the year, and points to this action as evidence that the tardiness argument was a pretext for age discrimination. In October 2012, she filed suit against Magic Johnson Entertainment and Clay Lacy Aviation for several charges, including age discrimination and wrongful termination.
If you were the judge in this case, would you find that Thomas has sufficient evidence of discrimination for her claim to survive summary judgment and reach trial?
(Case #BC494347, filed with the Central District of the Los Angeles Superior Court)
Union’s…. Do they Help or Hurt Employees?
- WE OFFER THE BEST CUSTOM PAPER WRITING SERVICES. WE HAVE DONE THIS QUESTION BEFORE, WE CAN ALSO DO IT FOR YOU.
- Assignment status: Already Solved By Our Experts
- (USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
- CLICK HERE TO GET A PROFESSIONAL WRITER TO WORK ON THIS PAPER AND OTHER SIMILAR PAPERS, GET A NON PLAGIARIZED PAPER FROM OUR EXPERTS
QUALITY: 100% ORIGINAL PAPER – NO PLAGIARISM – CUSTOM PAPER
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How It Works
- Click on the “Place Your Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the “PAPER DETAILS” section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
AcademicWritersBay.com is an easy-to-use and reliable service that is ready to assist you with your papers 24/7/ 365days a year. 99% of our customers are happy with their papers. Our team is efficient and will always tackle your essay needs comprehensively assuring you of excellent results. Feel free to ask them anything concerning your essay demands or Order.
AcademicWritersBay.com is a private company that offers academic support and assistance to students at all levels. Our mission is to provide proficient and high quality academic services to our highly esteemed clients. AcademicWritersBay.com is equipped with competent and proficient writers to tackle all types of your academic needs, and provide you with excellent results. Most of our writers are holders of master’s degrees or PhDs, which is an surety of excellent results to our clients. We provide assistance to students all over the world.
We provide high quality term papers, research papers, essays, proposals, theses and many others. At AcademicWritersBay.com, you can be sure of excellent grades in your assignments and final exams.