In this section, we discussed four ethical principles that can be used to assist healthcare professionals in addressing healthcare-related dilemmas: autonomy, beneficence, nonmaleficence and justice. Using the following case scenario, utilize 2 of these principles in evaluating how the situation could be handled using each principle. In some cases, we may get the same result, but in some cases the outcome will be completely different. Be sure to include all the pros and cons of each principle and how it may affect all involved in the case. After addressing each principle, comment on what principle you would be in favor of the reasoning behind your decision. Be sure to include details on why or why not you would support these theories in this instance.
A 58-year-old female patient was diagnosed with diverticular disease after undergoing a barium enema. This patient had often said she was extremely fearful of hospitals and procedures, but she had reluctantly agreed to undergo the study that confirmed the diagnosis. Six months later, the patient presented to her internist with left quadrant pain and spasm as well as a temperature elevation. The physician wanted to hospitalize her, but she begged to be at home on bed rest and said her husband would take care of her. She claimed she would only get worse at the hospital because of her extreme anxiety about staying there.
Using (2) ethical principles, assess the situation and provide your reasoning.
Assignment status: Already Solved By Our Experts
(USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
QUALITY: 100% ORIGINAL PAPER – NO PLAGIARISM - CUSTOM PAPER
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How It Works
- Click on the “Place Your Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
AcademicWritersBay.com is an easy-to-use and reliable service that is ready to assist you with your papers 24/7/ 365days a year. 99% of our customers are happy with their papers. Our team is efficient and will always tackle your essay needs comprehensively assuring you of excellent results. Feel free to ask them anything concerning your essay demands or Order.
AcademicWritersBay.com is a private company that offers academic support and assistance to students at all levels. Our mission is to provide proficient and high quality academic services to our highly esteemed clients. AcademicWritersBay.com is equipped with competent and proficient writers to tackle all types of your academic needs, and provide you with excellent results. Most of our writers are holders of master's degrees or PhDs, which is an surety of excellent results to our clients. We provide assistance to students all over the world.
We provide high quality term papers, research papers, essays, proposals, theses and many others. At AcademicWritersBay.com, you can be sure of excellent grades in your assignments and final exams.