FIND A SOLUTION AT Academic Writers Bay
In which performance technique are managers given three performance rating scales per dimension and
asked to indicate whether the employee’s performance is above (+), at (0), or below (-) the statements?
A. Mixed-standard scale
B. Behavioral-observation scale
C. Graphic-rating scale
D. Behaviorally anchored rating scale
2. An Individual Coaching for Effectiveness program is designed to
A. improve managers in succession planning.
B. help prepare managers for overseas assignments.
C. reduce the effects of the glass ceiling.
D. help managers with dysfunctional behaviors.
3. Total quality management differs from traditional performance measurement in that TQM
A. focuses on support decisions about work assignments, training, and compensation.
B. has an external, rather than an internal, focus.
C. is a top-down review process.
D. assesses both individual performance and the system within which the individual works.
4. To improve performance of underutilizers, managers should
A. link rewards to performance outcomes.
B. demote them from their current position.
C. withhold pay increases.
D. offer temporary assignments for skill development.
5. An employee refuses an employer’s request to falsify the contents of a report to the EEOC. The
employer subsequently discharges the worker for “not following orders.” In a wrongful-discharge suit, the
employee is likely to argue which of the following exceptions to the at-will-employment doctrine?
A. Public policy
B. Implied contract
C. Reverse discrimination
D. Equal employment
6. Which of the following is a false statement about using peers as a source of performance information?
A. Peers are more willing participants in reviews used for employees.
B. Peer ratings, according to research, are highly influenced by friendships.
C. Peers have expert knowledge of job requirements and bring a unique perspective to the evaluation, often resulting in extremely valid assessments of performance.
D. Peer ratings are particularly useful when supervisors don’t have the opportunity to observe employees.
7. The type of performance management system in which a company assembles performance data on an individual from most or all of his or her contacts within and outside the company is known as
A. management by objectives.
B. the critical-incidents technique.
C. 360-degree performance appraisals.
D. behavioral-observation scales.
8. Three of the following are likely outcomes or benefits of conducting annual employee satisfaction
surveys. Which of the following is not a likely outcome or benefit?
A. The surveys allow the company to monitor trends over time.
B. The surveys provide a means for empirically assessing the effects of changes in personnel practices on worker attitudes.
C. The surveys provide evidence of the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to perform specific jobs.
D. The surveys give employees an outlet for voicing their concerns.
9. Which of the following statements correctly describes in-basket exercises?
A. In-basket exercises require participants to take the part of a manager or employee in a situation involving the skills to be
B. In-basket exercises are paper-and-pencil tests designed to measure participants’ communication styles and skills.
C. In-basket exercises require teams of five to seven employees to work together to solve assigned problems within a certain
D. In-basket exercises simulate the administrative tasks of a manager’s job, using a pile of documents for the employee to handle.
10. The Job Descriptive Index measures three of the following facets of employee satisfaction. Which is not measured by the Job Descriptive Index?
B. The work itself
11. The step in the career management process in which employees receive information about their skills and knowledge and where these assets fit into the organization’s plans is called
A. reality check.
B. goal setting.
C. action planning.
12. Why would an employee seek a downward move?
A. To have greater challenges
B. To learn different skills
C. To increase salary and visibility
D. To have more authority
13. A team of five to seven employees is assigned a problem and must work together to solve it within a
certain time period. Which of the following techniques is being used?
A. Role playing
C. In-basket exercise
D. Leaderless group discussion
14. What is the employee’s responsibility in the self-assessment stage of career management?
A. Identify opportunities and areas of needed improvement
B. Identify steps and a timetable to reach goals
C. Communicate performance evaluations
D. Provide assessment information to identify strengths, weaknesses, interests, and values
15. Three of the following are trends in executive education. Which one is not a trend in executive
A. Employers and education providers are developing short courses with content designed specifically for the audience.
B. Distance learning is being used more frequently by companies.
C. Formal educational programs are being supplemented with other developmental activities.
D. Due to increasing costs, employees are increasingly being asked to cover tuition and other program-related costs.
16. Which of the following statements illustrates effective feedback?
A. “I don’t see any progress from the last review; you’re lazy.”
B. “You’ve achieved 100 percent of your target in less than six months.”
C. “You’ve become careless; you came in late three times last week.”
D. “Overall, your performance has been satisfactory.”
17. Explanation, consideration, and empathy are key determinants of
A. perceptual justice.
B. interactional justice.
C. procedural justice.
D. alternative dispute resolutions.
18. HR professionals can best help organizations avoid and defend against charges of wrongful discharge through all of three following activities. Which of the following is not a good way for HR professionals to help organizations avoid and defend against charges of wrongful discharge?
A. Training managers to avoid making promises before or during employment that imply job security
B. Writing and reviewing employee handbooks to avoid statements that might be interpreted as employment contractsEnd of exam
C. Establishing and communicating policies for handling employee misbehavior
D. Designing jobs with low mental and physical skill demands to ensure low employee turnover
19. The performance management method that requires managers to rate the frequency with which the employee has exhibited a behavior during a rating period is the _______ scale.
B. behaviorally anchored rating
20. If peer review doesn’t lead to a settlement, a neutral party from outside the organization hears the case and tries to help the people in conflict arrive at a settlement. This process is called
B. open-door policy.
C. progressive discipline.
- WE OFFER THE BEST CUSTOM PAPER WRITING SERVICES. WE HAVE DONE THIS QUESTION BEFORE, WE CAN ALSO DO IT FOR YOU.
- Assignment status: Already Solved By Our Experts
- (USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
- CLICK HERE TO GET A PROFESSIONAL WRITER TO WORK ON THIS PAPER AND OTHER SIMILAR PAPERS, GET A NON PLAGIARIZED PAPER FROM OUR EXPERTS
QUALITY: 100% ORIGINAL PAPER – NO PLAGIARISM – CUSTOM PAPER
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How It Works
- Click on the “Place Your Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the “PAPER DETAILS” section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
AcademicWritersBay.com is an easy-to-use and reliable service that is ready to assist you with your papers 24/7/ 365days a year. 99% of our customers are happy with their papers. Our team is efficient and will always tackle your essay needs comprehensively assuring you of excellent results. Feel free to ask them anything concerning your essay demands or Order.
AcademicWritersBay.com is a private company that offers academic support and assistance to students at all levels. Our mission is to provide proficient and high quality academic services to our highly esteemed clients. AcademicWritersBay.com is equipped with competent and proficient writers to tackle all types of your academic needs, and provide you with excellent results. Most of our writers are holders of master’s degrees or PhDs, which is an surety of excellent results to our clients. We provide assistance to students all over the world.
We provide high quality term papers, research papers, essays, proposals, theses and many others. At AcademicWritersBay.com, you can be sure of excellent grades in your assignments and final exams.