FIND A SOLUTION AT Academic Writers Bay
Read Case Study Four in the text.
Complete the University of Phoenix Material: Case Study Four Worksheet.
Case 4. Research on Intimate Partner
Violence and the Duty to Protect
Dr. Daniela Yeung, a community psychologist, has been conducting a federally funded
ethnographic study of men’s attitudes toward intimate partner violence following
conviction and release from prison for spousal abuse. Over the course of a year, she has
had individual monthly interviews with 25 participants while they were in jail and
following their release. Aiden, a 35-year-old male parolee convicted of seriously injuring
his wife, has been interviewed by Dr. Yeung on eight occasions. The interviews have
covered a range of personal topics including Aiden’s problem drinking, which is
marked by blackouts and threatening phone calls made to his parents and girlfriend
when he becomes drunk, usually in the evening. To her knowledge, Aiden has never
followed through on these threats. It is clear that Aiden feels very comfortable discussing
his life with Dr. Yeung. One evening Dr. Yeung checks her answering machine and
finds a message from Aiden. His words are slurred and angry: “Now that you know the
truth about what I am you know that there is nothing you can do to help the evil inside
me. The bottle is my savior and I will end this with them tonight.” Each time she calls
Aiden’s home phone she gets a busy signal.
Dr. Yeung has Aiden’s address, and after 2 hours, she is considering whether or
not to contact emergency services to go to Aiden’s home or to the homes of his
parents and girlfriend.
Appelbaum, P., & Rosenbaum, A. (1989). Tarasoff and the researcher: Does the duty to
protect apply in the research setting? American Psychologist, 44(6), 885–894.
Fisher, C. B., Oransky, M., Mahadevan, M., Singer, M., Mirhej, G., & Hodge, G. D. (2009). Do
drug abuse researchers have a duty to protect third parties from HIV transmission?
Moral perspectives of street drug users. In D. Buchanan, C. B. Fisher, & L. Gable (Eds.),
Research with high-risk populations: Balancing science, ethics, and law (pp. 189–206).
Washington, DC: American Psychological Association.
Gable, L. (2009). Legal challenges raised by non-intervention research conducted under
high-risk circumstances. In D. Buchanan, C. B. Fisher, & L. Gable (Eds.). Research with
high-risk populations: Balancing science, ethics, and law (pp. 47–74). Washington, DC:
American Psychological Association.
Jordan, C. E., Campbell, R., & Follingstad, D. (2010). Violence and women’s mental health:
The impact of physical, sexual, & psychological aggression. Annual Review of Clinical
Psychology, 6, 607–628.
- WE OFFER THE BEST CUSTOM PAPER WRITING SERVICES. WE HAVE DONE THIS QUESTION BEFORE, WE CAN ALSO DO IT FOR YOU.
- Assignment status: Already Solved By Our Experts
- (USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
- CLICK HERE TO GET A PROFESSIONAL WRITER TO WORK ON THIS PAPER AND OTHER SIMILAR PAPERS, GET A NON PLAGIARIZED PAPER FROM OUR EXPERTS
QUALITY: 100% ORIGINAL PAPER – NO PLAGIARISM – CUSTOM PAPER
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How It Works
- Click on the “Place Your Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the “PAPER DETAILS” section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
AcademicWritersBay.com is an easy-to-use and reliable service that is ready to assist you with your papers 24/7/ 365days a year. 99% of our customers are happy with their papers. Our team is efficient and will always tackle your essay needs comprehensively assuring you of excellent results. Feel free to ask them anything concerning your essay demands or Order.
AcademicWritersBay.com is a private company that offers academic support and assistance to students at all levels. Our mission is to provide proficient and high quality academic services to our highly esteemed clients. AcademicWritersBay.com is equipped with competent and proficient writers to tackle all types of your academic needs, and provide you with excellent results. Most of our writers are holders of master’s degrees or PhDs, which is an surety of excellent results to our clients. We provide assistance to students all over the world.
We provide high quality term papers, research papers, essays, proposals, theses and many others. At AcademicWritersBay.com, you can be sure of excellent grades in your assignments and final exams.