FIND A SOLUTION AT Academic Writers Bay
MSP305-BCN16040 CRAFTING UNIQUE SPORTS EVENTS Final assessment – Task brief & rubrics
Students will be asked to plan the special event marking the 125th anniversary of the Reial Club de Tennis de Barcelona. The main event will consist of an international legends tournament, involving three different divisions: singles men, singles women, and mixed doubles, with 32 participants in each of the divisions.
The Reial Club de Tennis de Barcelona is the main organizer, but Federació Catalana de Tennis and RFET will also play a role. The competition is to be played in the club facilities, that will need to be properly adjusted, and should also feature an entertainment concept, as well as a strong hospitality approach.
As the heads of the organizing committee, students will be required to draw a plan including all the areas dealt with in class, ranging from the definition and description of the stakeholders to the budgeting and rundown of the whole event, as well as including that elements that will make the event a memorable sports experience for everyone involved. The different projects will be presented in class on the 7th of June (30 minutes per presentation).
The topics the students will be asked to address are (but not limited to):
• Stakeholders involved and the objectives each of them may have in the event. • Precise organization and distribution of the venue, and justification of the choices made. • Selection of the most appropriate dates, and justification of that choice. • Definition of the different areas/departments of the organizing committee and the tasks assigned to each of them. • Facilities outline. • Travel & accommodation plan. • Competition format. • Entertainment concept. • Hospitality approach. • Budget. • Sustainability plan to be implemented. • Brief risk assessment plan. • Event marketing: Official marks, promotion plan & sponsorship concept. • Ticketing concept. • General runsheet of the whole event and sample rundown of a game. • Post event evaluation.
The document needs to include both an introduction, a core with each of the different items/topics dealt with, and a conclusion to summarize the decisions made.
The task should be submitted as a document (PDF), including the necessary graphic elements to support the decisions made.
Moreover, students will be asked to prepare a PowerPoint presentation with the highlights of their assignment (10-12 slides) to back their presentation in class (7th June).
Task to be performed in groups of 2/3 students.
• Wordcount: No limitation. • Written proposal (PDF document) plus PowerPoint to be presented in class (8-10 slides with most relevant points) • Font: Arial 12,5 pts. • Text alignment: Justified. • Any in-text reference and eventual bibliography have to be in Harvard’s citation style.
Submission: Week 10 – Via Moodle (Turnitin). Monday: 6th June – 23:59 CET.
Presentation in class: Week 10 – Class time. Tuesday: 7th June – 18:00 CET.
Weight: This task is a 60% of the total grade for this subject.
It assesses the following learning outcomes:
• Outcome 1: Capacity to identify, describe and prioritize the key elements in the organization, delivery and evaluation of a sports event. • Outcome 2: Capacity to give theoretical concepts a real-life application, matching the possibilities of an event with the realities/capacities of the hosting
city/venue. • Outcome 3: Capacity to build a realistic and attainable budget concept. • Outcome 4: Understanding of the importance of marketing the event and implementing a solid and efficient promotion plan. • Outcome 5: Capacity to foresee potential risks and design the most effective risk assessment plan. • Outcome 6: Ability to provide the event with differential and wow-effect features to make it memorable. • Outcome 7: Capacity to propose leadership and team management approaches through which lay the foundations to success.
Exceptional 90-100 Good 80-89 Fair 70-79 Marginal fail 60-69 Knowledge &
Student demonstrates excellent understanding of key concepts introduced in class and uses vocabulary pertinently and with precision.
Student demonstrates good understanding of the key concepts dealt with in class and showcases satisfactory use of the relevant vocabulary.
Student understands the task and some of the topics requested and shows minimum confidence in the use of relevant terminology.
Student fails to tackle the key topics in a solid manner and shows weak or no confidence in the use of relevant terminology.
Student demonstrates excellent capacity to realistically apply, on a practical level, the concepts and items dealt with in class, and is also able to clearly stablish the relationship when in the presentation.
Student applies correctly most part of the key topics dealt with in class.
Student applies some relevant knowledge from the topics delivered in class. Some misunderstanding may be evident.
Student demonstrates little capacity to apply the theoretical knowledge onto the delivery of the task. Misunderstandings are evident.
Critical Thinking (30%)
Student critically assesses in excellent ways, stablishing solid argumentation between his/her choices and the reasons of that choices, thus showing prominent capacity to anticipate eventual issues. Instances of the decision-making process are to be showcased during the presentation.
Student critically assesses in good ways, drawing conclusions and correct argumentation of the choices and proposals made.
Student provides some insights, but their argumentation is not solid or well-defined enough. References may not be relevant.
Student provides little or none critical thinking insights, does not provide meaningful conclusions and is unable to argument the elements presented.
Student shows exceptional capacity to explain and transmit his/her ideas and to structure the discourse in a totally comprehensive manner. This capacity is backed by a vigorous style in the presentation in class.
Student is able to communicate their ideas clearly and concisely, respecting word count, grammar and spellcheck
Student communicates their ideas with some clarity and concision. It may be slightly over or under the wordcount limit. Some misspelling errors may be evident.
Student communicates their ideas in a somewhat unclear and unconcise way, not managing to stablish a well-structured explanation. Does not reach or does exceed wordcount excessively and misspelling errors are evident.
Student is able to provide creative ideas and proposals, managing to adapt them to the task required.
Student is able to provide interesting ideas and proposals, managing to adapt them to the task required.
Student is able to provide ideas and proposals that may be deemed satisfactory and manages to adapt them to the task required.
Student is unable to provide creative ideas and proposals.
- WE OFFER THE BEST CUSTOM PAPER WRITING SERVICES. WE HAVE DONE THIS QUESTION BEFORE, WE CAN ALSO DO IT FOR YOU.
- Assignment status: Already Solved By Our Experts
- (USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
- CLICK HERE TO GET A PROFESSIONAL WRITER TO WORK ON THIS PAPER AND OTHER SIMILAR PAPERS, GET A NON PLAGIARIZED PAPER FROM OUR EXPERTS
QUALITY: 100% ORIGINAL PAPER – NO PLAGIARISM – CUSTOM PAPER
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How It Works
- Click on the “Place Your Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the “PAPER DETAILS” section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
AcademicWritersBay.com is an easy-to-use and reliable service that is ready to assist you with your papers 24/7/ 365days a year. 99% of our customers are happy with their papers. Our team is efficient and will always tackle your essay needs comprehensively assuring you of excellent results. Feel free to ask them anything concerning your essay demands or Order.
AcademicWritersBay.com is a private company that offers academic support and assistance to students at all levels. Our mission is to provide proficient and high quality academic services to our highly esteemed clients. AcademicWritersBay.com is equipped with competent and proficient writers to tackle all types of your academic needs, and provide you with excellent results. Most of our writers are holders of master’s degrees or PhDs, which is an surety of excellent results to our clients. We provide assistance to students all over the world.
We provide high quality term papers, research papers, essays, proposals, theses and many others. At AcademicWritersBay.com, you can be sure of excellent grades in your assignments and final exams.