FIND A SOLUTION AT Academic Writers Bay
Max Points: 90
Read the “Meredith Case Study.”
Answer the associated questions fully. Include the question in your responses.
APA format is not required, but solid academic writing is expected.
You are not required to submit this assignment to Turnitin.
Meredith Case Study
Meredith is a 24-year-old female who comes to the community counseling office where you work as a newly hired mental health counselor. On her intake form, she provided the following information, which is based on her answers to the questions on this form.
Home: Whiting, MA
Current job: Assistant to the activities director at a nursing home
Parents: Married, both living, Leek, MA
Father: Works full-time as a business manager
Mother: Works part-time as an office clerk
Parents’ histories: Father – heavy use of alcohol, two heart attacks; mother – use of prescription opiates for back pain.
Siblings: Meghan, 22, who is employed full-time in the publishing industry in New York City; Molly, 20, engaged to be married, still in college; Sarah, 18 (Meredith reported during her first session that this sister is “acting weird, washing her hair constantly, scared to go outside, almost seems afraid of everyone and thinks everyone is talking about her – she refuses to go to high school”), and Brian,12, who lives at home.
Medical history: Migraines? [she writes a question mark after migraines], menstrual problems [she writes in “serious cramps”]
Mental health history of patient: None
Substance use history of patient: First use of alcohol during first year of college; drinks during celebrations and weekend parties, uses alcohol to help with sleep. Medications: None, “but I think I need sleep medication” [client’s words]
Sexual History: [client left questions related to sexual activity blank]
Extended family information: Uncles on Father’s side are two “alcoholics?” [she writes the question mark after the term alcoholics]; father’s sister was hospitalized for a mental disorder for two years; “maternal grandmother – early death, question of alcohol use.”
What prompted you to make this appointment? Meredith writes: “can’t sleep, eat, and my work is suffering because I can’t think…. I am stressed out…feeling out of control.”
- Based on what the clinician has learned during the intake, what are some of the symptoms a clinician should look for, or ask about when working with this client during the initial sessions? Explain each symptom.
- What other historical information might a counselor want to ask about?
- What might a clinician want to know about Meredith’s alcohol use and why?
- What might a clinician want to know about her eating, sleeping, and stress, and why?
- What conditions would the clinician want to explore when working with this client? Explain why.
- If Meredith reported that her friends have said that she is “crazy, talking too fast, hyperactive, and unable to pay attention,” what diagnoses would you also explore? Could Meredith be suffering from a substance-induced disorder? Explain.
- How would the clinician determine if Meredith was experiencing a co-occurring disorder or a single diagnosis?
- Meredith explains in a future appointment that she is in love with Andy, but is scared that her parents will not like this person. She states that she feels stressed out about someone finding out how much she loves this person. It is noticeable that Meredith is not using pronouns. What other issues might a counselor want to explore? How does this interact with the diagnosis, or does it?
- What are the treatment strategies that you might employ with Meredith? Why?
- WE OFFER THE BEST CUSTOM PAPER WRITING SERVICES. WE HAVE DONE THIS QUESTION BEFORE, WE CAN ALSO DO IT FOR YOU.
- Assignment status: Already Solved By Our Experts
- (USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
- CLICK HERE TO GET A PROFESSIONAL WRITER TO WORK ON THIS PAPER AND OTHER SIMILAR PAPERS, GET A NON PLAGIARIZED PAPER FROM OUR EXPERTS
QUALITY: 100% ORIGINAL PAPER – NO PLAGIARISM – CUSTOM PAPER
Why Choose Us?
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How It Works
- Click on the “Place Your Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the “PAPER DETAILS” section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
AcademicWritersBay.com is an easy-to-use and reliable service that is ready to assist you with your papers 24/7/ 365days a year. 99% of our customers are happy with their papers. Our team is efficient and will always tackle your essay needs comprehensively assuring you of excellent results. Feel free to ask them anything concerning your essay demands or Order.
AcademicWritersBay.com is a private company that offers academic support and assistance to students at all levels. Our mission is to provide proficient and high quality academic services to our highly esteemed clients. AcademicWritersBay.com is equipped with competent and proficient writers to tackle all types of your academic needs, and provide you with excellent results. Most of our writers are holders of master’s degrees or PhDs, which is an surety of excellent results to our clients. We provide assistance to students all over the world.
We provide high quality term papers, research papers, essays, proposals, theses and many others. At AcademicWritersBay.com, you can be sure of excellent grades in your assignments and final exams.