The purpose of this assignment is to demonstrate your ability to evaluate one quantitative or qualitative nursing research article of interest from any refereed nursing journal. Writing a critical review of a journal article can help to improve your writing and analytical skills. By assessing the work of others, you develop skills as a critical reader and become familiar with the types of evaluation criteria necessary to translating the evidence to practice. Instructions:
- Write a 1-2 pages assignment.
- Choose a primary nursing research article of interest from a refereed nursing journal. Attach a copy of the article.
- Begin your critique by identifying the:
- article’s title
- date of publication
- name of the journal or other publication in which it appeared
- Where and when was the article published?
- In your introduction, you should also briefly describe the purpose and nature of the study and, if applicable, its theoretical framework.
- If the [email protected] was not published in a peer-reviewed journal, consider the credibility of the publication in which it appeared.
- If you are reviewing a research study, organize the body of your critique according to the [email protected]’s structure. Start with a brief description and analysis of the strengths and weaknesses of the research design and methodology. For example:
- How does the method reflect other studies of the same topic? (sample, data collection, setting).
- What makes this method feasible?
- How realistic is it? How does the method address questions of validity?
- How does the researcher overcome the limitations of the method?
- Are there large limitations or minor ones?
- How will these limitations affect your ability to use this data to answer your research question?
- Describe the results by answering:
- How were the results interpreted?
- How were they related to the original problem (author’s view of evidence rather than objective findings)?
- Look at DISCUSSION. Were the author(s) able to answer the question (test the hypothesis) raised?
- Did the research provide new factual information, a new understanding of a phenomenon in the field, a new research technique?
- How was the significance of the work described?
- Did the reported observations/interpretations support or refute observations or interpretations made by other researchers?
- Describe the significance of the research by answering:
- Did the research make a significant contribution to human knowledge?
- Did the research produce any practical applications?
- What are the nursing implications of this research?
- How do you evaluate the significance of the research?
- Utilize at least 5 cited sources to substantiate your findings or critique.
- Follow APA style rules.
- Visit the following website for suggested guidelines:
- American Nurses Association “Reading and Critiquing a Research Article”
- The “John Hopkins Nursing Evidence Practice”
Assignment status: Already Solved By Our Experts
(USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
QUALITY: 100% ORIGINAL PAPER – NO PLAGIARISM - CUSTOM PAPER
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How It Works
- Click on the “Place Your Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
AcademicWritersBay.com is an easy-to-use and reliable service that is ready to assist you with your papers 24/7/ 365days a year. 99% of our customers are happy with their papers. Our team is efficient and will always tackle your essay needs comprehensively assuring you of excellent results. Feel free to ask them anything concerning your essay demands or Order.
AcademicWritersBay.com is a private company that offers academic support and assistance to students at all levels. Our mission is to provide proficient and high quality academic services to our highly esteemed clients. AcademicWritersBay.com is equipped with competent and proficient writers to tackle all types of your academic needs, and provide you with excellent results. Most of our writers are holders of master's degrees or PhDs, which is an surety of excellent results to our clients. We provide assistance to students all over the world.
We provide high quality term papers, research papers, essays, proposals, theses and many others. At AcademicWritersBay.com, you can be sure of excellent grades in your assignments and final exams.