Please make sure the referencing is accurate and the case study is in academic writing with proper grammar and vocabulary. Please ensure there is no plagiarism. My assessor is very strict in terms of checking and I need as much marks as possible for this case study.
NUR3503 ASSESSMENT 2: CASE STUDY ANALYSIS
Siena, a 9-year-old partially immunised girl from Wagin, was admitted on account of one-week history of abdominal pain and fever. At the emergency department, her ultrasound confirmed a perforated appendix. Siena was rushed to the theatre for emergency surgery. She was brought to your ward post-operatively. She had two intravenous cannulas—one on each hand. Nasogastric tube and indwelling catheter were insitu and connected to a drainage bag. Siena has phobia for medications served in syringes. The surgical notes report the presence of three steri-strips at the incisional sites.
Siena and her mother are now in the ward, and they have been allocated to you. Prior to their arrival to your ward, your shift coordinator had given you a brief handover and advised that they will be arriving in the next 15 minutes. On arrival, you noticed Siena has been charted regular analgesia and intravenous antibiotics with PRN analgesia for her pain management. On arrival, Siena was alert and her observations were: Temperature 38.6degree, HR= 130 beats per minute, Oxygen saturation 90% on room air, RR= 28 breaths per minute with mild distress, BP = 100/70mmHg. It is estimated that Siena and her family will be on admission for at least 5 days.
Based on the above scenario, discuss the pathophysiology, management and health promotion for Siena and her family.
Word count = 1200-1400 (no +/-10% word count)
Your assignment should include the following:
1. An introduction summarizing the case study.
2. Discuss the pathophysiology of the presenting condition.
3. Discuss the assessments (Paediatric Assessment Tool and/or Primary Assessment Framework) you will undertake to prioritize and manage care for Siena.
4. Describe the nursing management of Siena’s condition
5. Using the child and family centred care model, how will you care for Siena and her family
6. What discharge education and health promotion will you emphasize?
7. How will you teach Siena to manage her condition after discharge?
8. What community support resources will you refer Siena to?
• Essay format with formatted headings following School of Nursing & Midwifery guidelines (see BB Assessment tab).
• Academic writing style following APA 7th edition referencing guidelines.
• Appropriate sentence structure, conjunctions, word use, grammar and spelling (this is an English Language Proficiency (ELP) specified unit).
• Format essay with relevant headings representing the assignment sections. The assignment must flow smoothly and read logically. Note: Ensure that each section is discussed within the essay, showing the depth of knowledge and understanding, critical thinking, evidence and content coverage.
Introduction (approx 100 words)
• An overview of the case study and definition of terminology.
• A brief overview of the epidemiology of the condition
• An overview of the assignment relevant to the patient
Section one (approx 250 words)
• Describe the presenting problem’s pathophysiology
Section two (approx. 900 words)
• Discuss the nursing considerations and management for this child, incorporating examples of child and family centred care, assessment strategies and nursing actions.
• Discuss potential assessment findings, what range of assessments or preparations would be required and what appropriate assessment tools will you utilise/would be used. Consider any potential changes e.g.
deterioration/recovery and how this would impact the care provided.
• Students should identify, consider and briefly discuss nursing management,
– this should demonstrate the student’s ability to demonstrate clinical knowledge, critically think and incorporate evidence-informed practice.
• Students should also incorporate any holistic health considerations and rationales to demonstrate critical thinking.
Section three (100)
• Discuss the health promotion strategies you will put in place for
Siena and her family and the community resources they can utilize.
Conclusion (approx 50 words)
• Provide an overview of the assignment and the primary relevant points identified. No new material introduced.
• In-text and end-text referencing per current ECU referencing guidelines – APA 7th edition style.
• Minimum of 10 current and credible academic references, using a variety of sources including peer-reviewed journal articles (minimum of 5 journal articles) scholarly books and quality websites (Australian and other credible websites). Credible resources include evidence-based research and best practice guidelines (Australian and international if relevant, e.g. WHO). Patient information sources, public access medical websites designed for non-health professionals, eg. eMedicine, MayoClinic, BetterHealthChannel, GPNotes, Wikipedia and Dictionary.com etc will not be accepted as academic references. All references need to be from reputable sources. Do not use lecture notes as references.
• Accepted academic peer-reviewed journal articles up to five years old, scholarly books up to 10 years old.
• The medical dictionary may be used for medical terminology but should not be included in your reference numbers.
Note: The proposed word counts are suggestive only but not prescriptive
Assignment status: Already Solved By Our Experts
(USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
QUALITY: 100% ORIGINAL PAPER – NO PLAGIARISM - CUSTOM PAPER
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How It Works
- Click on the “Place Your Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
AcademicWritersBay.com is an easy-to-use and reliable service that is ready to assist you with your papers 24/7/ 365days a year. 99% of our customers are happy with their papers. Our team is efficient and will always tackle your essay needs comprehensively assuring you of excellent results. Feel free to ask them anything concerning your essay demands or Order.
AcademicWritersBay.com is a private company that offers academic support and assistance to students at all levels. Our mission is to provide proficient and high quality academic services to our highly esteemed clients. AcademicWritersBay.com is equipped with competent and proficient writers to tackle all types of your academic needs, and provide you with excellent results. Most of our writers are holders of master's degrees or PhDs, which is an surety of excellent results to our clients. We provide assistance to students all over the world.
We provide high quality term papers, research papers, essays, proposals, theses and many others. At AcademicWritersBay.com, you can be sure of excellent grades in your assignments and final exams.