FIND A SOLUTION AT Academic Writers Bay
PROJECT 1: CENSUS DATA
OBJECTIVEThe purpose of this project is to demonstrate your understanding of the following course concepts:
1. How to create and navigate within workbooks.2. How to enter data and format cells.3. How to format worksheets and workbooks.4. How to create, edit, and format tables.5. How to modify tables.6. How to use functions and formulas.7. How to calculate and transform data.8. How to create and modify charts.
PROJECT DESCRIPTIONYou are working as part of a group creating a report that includes data from the most recent census. Your task is to create and format a worksheet using information from the census.gov website and chart the data.
1. Create a new workbook and save it as Project1_Census.xlsx.2. Identify three U.S. cities of your choice and enter the city and state names in cells A4, A5, and A6.3. Open a web browser and navigate to the data.census.gov website. Use the most recent census data to locate the population, median age, number of housing units, and median income for each city (e.g. type “median income in Maryland” in the search box at the top of the page).4. Enter the information into the respective cells in the worksheet, as shown in the image below but using cities of your own choosing. Note: If you are unable to locate the necessary data, either choose a different city or perform a search for another website containing the necessary data.
PROJECT 1 FIGURE 1
5. Format the data table using techniques you have learned to present the data in a visually appealing form such as:
a. Set the column widths appropriately.b. Set labels alignment appropriately.c. Apply borders, gridlines and shading to the table as desired.d. Set the columns labels alignments appropriately.e. Align the worksheet vertically and horizontally on the page.
6. Enter a formula to find Average Household Income for all THREE cities.7. Enter a formula to find the Total Population for all THREE cities.8. Create charts that present the data for each of the four categories of data. Decide which chart types will best present the data. (Hint: If you are not sure which types to use, consider selecting he data and using the Recommended Chart button to narrow down and preview suitable choices.)9. Place each chart on a separate sheet and format the charts to best present the data in a clear, attractive format.10. Give each worksheet a descriptive name and color the tabs using theme colors. Reorder the sheets so that the data table appears first, followed by the charts.11. Save and submit the workbook to the Assignment Folder.
SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTSPlease submit the following to your Assignments Folder:
1. The completed Project1_Census.xlsx file.2. Submit a Project Reflection (see below).
PROJECT REFLECTIONAnswer the following questions when you submit your assignments files.
a. Describe a situation in daily life when someone would use Microsoft Excel.b. You made several decisions while creating the workbook for this assignment: how to lay out the data in the worksheet and which chart types to use. What was the rationale behind each of these decisions?c. What issues or challenges did you face completing this project?
- WE OFFER THE BEST CUSTOM PAPER WRITING SERVICES. WE HAVE DONE THIS QUESTION BEFORE, WE CAN ALSO DO IT FOR YOU.
- Assignment status: Already Solved By Our Experts
- (USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
- CLICK HERE TO GET A PROFESSIONAL WRITER TO WORK ON THIS PAPER AND OTHER SIMILAR PAPERS, GET A NON PLAGIARIZED PAPER FROM OUR EXPERTS
QUALITY: 100% ORIGINAL PAPER – NO PLAGIARISM – CUSTOM PAPER
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How It Works
- Click on the “Place Your Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the “PAPER DETAILS” section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
AcademicWritersBay.com is an easy-to-use and reliable service that is ready to assist you with your papers 24/7/ 365days a year. 99% of our customers are happy with their papers. Our team is efficient and will always tackle your essay needs comprehensively assuring you of excellent results. Feel free to ask them anything concerning your essay demands or Order.
AcademicWritersBay.com is a private company that offers academic support and assistance to students at all levels. Our mission is to provide proficient and high quality academic services to our highly esteemed clients. AcademicWritersBay.com is equipped with competent and proficient writers to tackle all types of your academic needs, and provide you with excellent results. Most of our writers are holders of master’s degrees or PhDs, which is an surety of excellent results to our clients. We provide assistance to students all over the world.
We provide high quality term papers, research papers, essays, proposals, theses and many others. At AcademicWritersBay.com, you can be sure of excellent grades in your assignments and final exams.