FIND A SOLUTION AT Academic Writers Bay
Take Home Final
Please Note: This final is to be returned to Dr. M. Wapner via e-mail by 11:59 PM on Tuesday, December 17, 2019.Any exam received after that time may result in a grade of Incomplete for the course.
You must answer two (2) of the four (4) Essay questions (worth 30 points each) AND four (4) of the six (6) Short Answer questions (worth 10 points each).
N.B.: Most questions have multiple sections to be answered.You may add details about the individual to help you answer the questions – if you do so, please describe the details in writing your response.However, while you can add details, you may not contradict the details given in the scenario.
Essay Questions (30 points each)
- Sol Wachtler was depressed throughout the course of his incarceration. His level of depression varied from very mild (almost unnoticeable) to moderate to severe for a number of reasons. Explain, from his standpoint, the benefits and the problems of being placed in a Mental Health Unit. What factors exacerbated his mental health problems? What was his involvement with Mental Health clinicians during his incarceration?Give examples. What role did psychopharmacology play in his treatment both prior to and during his incarceration? Explain.
2. Incarcerated female offenders commonly have personal histories that are marked by:
a. Domestic Violence
b. sex abuse
c. substance abuse
d. pregnancy/children in the community
Discuss how 3 out of 4 issues above impact on: their adjustment while in prison, treatment needs while incarcerated, and discharge planning.
3.From a developmental point of view, explain why the prognosis for a juvenile offender might be good. What are some of the static factors that serve as obstacles to a positive prognosis for: a) an individual adjudicated as a juvenile delinquent; b) a 13-year old with a history of a ADHD; c) an individual with a developmental disability such as Autism?
4.Briefly explain the role that cognitive distortions play in predisposing, precipitating and perpetuating anger & aggression.Give examples of cognitive distortions related to feelings of anger and aggressive outbursts. How do cognitive distortions adversely affect a substance abuserâ€™s likelihood of: making Seemingly Insignificant Decisions, failing to take heed of known triggers, and finding themselves in High Risk Situations?
Short Answer Questions (please answer four (4) questions – 10 points each)
- Scenario: The teenager accused of the Santa Fe High School massacre has been declared incompetent to stand trial. Dimitrios Pagourtzis has been ordered “committed to and confined” to a Texas Department of State Health Services facility, the ruling states. The treatment may not exceed 120 days. The order states Pagourtzis is unfit for trial as of Oct. 18. The trial, which was moved to Fort Bend County, was set to begin in February 2020.
Pagourtzis’ mental state has been the focus of several discussions between prosecutors and defense attorneys since the shooting that killed 10 and injured 13 others.In August, attorneys for Pagourtzis said his mental state had deteriorated to the point that he doesn’t understand the case before him.
Issue: Survivors of the mass shooting at Santa Fe High School were outraged to learn that the suspected shooter may not be fit to stand trial.Explain briefly what concepts these survivors are confusing.
- What unique needs/problems do juvenile sex offenders encounter upon re-entry to the community?
- Briefly explain how an undetected mental health problem or intellectual disability can result in behavioral problems in a correctional facility.How can placement in a Special Needs Unit help the mentally retarded/developmentally disabled and the seriously persistently mentally ill? Give examples.
- Explain how resilience impacts on the reaction to trauma and the development of PTSD. Give examples.
- In the movie â€˜Nutsâ€™, Claudia Daraper was at times melodramatic, occasionally provocative, at other times histrionic and agitated, but so what?! Was she competent to stand trial? Do you think Sol Wachtler was competent to stand trial? Why or why not? Give examples to back up your decision for each.
- Sol Wachtler described his experience of being in solitary confinement and compared it to judicial decisions heâ€™d made regarding solitary confinement.Briefly describe how solitary confinement could be modified so that itâ€™s less psychologically harmful/more humane.
- WE OFFER THE BEST CUSTOM PAPER WRITING SERVICES. WE HAVE DONE THIS QUESTION BEFORE, WE CAN ALSO DO IT FOR YOU.
- Assignment status: Already Solved By Our Experts
- (USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
- CLICK HERE TO GET A PROFESSIONAL WRITER TO WORK ON THIS PAPER AND OTHER SIMILAR PAPERS, GET A NON PLAGIARIZED PAPER FROM OUR EXPERTS
QUALITY: 100% ORIGINAL PAPER – NO PLAGIARISM – CUSTOM PAPER
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How It Works
- Click on the “Place Your Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the “PAPER DETAILS” section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
AcademicWritersBay.com is an easy-to-use and reliable service that is ready to assist you with your papers 24/7/ 365days a year. 99% of our customers are happy with their papers. Our team is efficient and will always tackle your essay needs comprehensively assuring you of excellent results. Feel free to ask them anything concerning your essay demands or Order.
AcademicWritersBay.com is a private company that offers academic support and assistance to students at all levels. Our mission is to provide proficient and high quality academic services to our highly esteemed clients. AcademicWritersBay.com is equipped with competent and proficient writers to tackle all types of your academic needs, and provide you with excellent results. Most of our writers are holders of master’s degrees or PhDs, which is an surety of excellent results to our clients. We provide assistance to students all over the world.
We provide high quality term papers, research papers, essays, proposals, theses and many others. At AcademicWritersBay.com, you can be sure of excellent grades in your assignments and final exams.