FIND A SOLUTION AT Academic Writers Bay
2. Question : Stocks that pay relatively large cash dividends on a regular basis are called
Student Answer: Small capital stocks
Mid capital stocks
Large capital stocks
3. Question : A corporation sold 14,000 shares of its $10 par value common stock at a cash price of $13 per share. The entry to record this transaction would include
Student Answer: A debit to Contributed Capital in Excess of Par Value, Common Stock for $42,000 A debit to Cash for $140,000
A credit to Common Stock for $182,000
A credit to Common Stock for $140,000
A credit to Contributed Capital in Excess of Par Value, Common Stock for $182,000
4. Question : A corporation’s distribution of additional shares of its own stock to its stockholders without the receipt of any payment in return is called a
Student Answer: Stock dividend
Premium on stock
Discount on stock
5. Question : Stockholders’ equity consists of
Student Answer: Long-term assets
Contributed capital and retained earnings
Contributed capital and par value
Retained earnings and cash
Premiums and discounts
6. Question : The statement of changes in stockholders’ equity
Student Answer: Is part of the statement of retained earnings
Shows only the ending balances in stockholders’ equity
Describes changes in contributed capital and retained earnings subcategories Does not include changes in treasury stock
Is reported by very few companies
7. Question : A company issued 60 shares of $100 par value stock for $7,000 cash. The total amount of contributed capital is
Student Answer: $100
8. Question : Book value per share
Student Answer: Reflects the value per share if a company is liquidated at balance sheet amounts Is assets divided by equity
Is assets divided by the number of common shares outstanding
Measures the worth of assets
Is equal to par value per share
9. Question : A company has a market value per share of $73.00. Its net income is $1,750,000 and the weighted-average number of shares outstanding is 350,000. The company’s price-earnings ratio equals
Student Answer: 20.9
10. Question : A company’s board of directors votes to declare a total cash dividend of $25,000. The company has 2,500 shares of $1 par common stock and 400 shares of 4%, $200 par preferred stock outstanding. What is the total amount that will be paid to preferred shareholders?
Student Answer: $1,000
11. Question : A company paid $0.75 in cash dividends per share. Its earnings per share is $3.50 and its market price per share is $37.50. Its dividend yield equals
Student Answer: 11.7%
12. Question : A premium on common stock
Student Answer: Is the amount paid in excess of par by purchasers of newly issued stock Is the difference between par value and issue price when the amount paid is below par Represents profit from issuing stock
Represents capital gain on sale of stock
Is prohibited in most states
13. Question : A corporation was formed on January 1. The corporate charter authorized 100,000 shares of $10 par value common stock. During the first month of operation, the corporation issued 300 shares to its attorneys in payment of a $5,000 charge for drawing up the articles of incorporation. The entry to record this transaction would include
Student Answer: A debit to Organization Expenses for $3,000
A debit to Organization Expenses for $5,000
A credit to Common Stock for $5,000
A credit to Contributed Capital in Excess of Par Value, Common Stock for $5,000 A debit to Contributed Capital in Excess of Par Value, Common Stock for $2,000
14. Question : Retained earnings
Student Answer: Generally consists of a company’s cumulative net income less any net losses and dividends declared since its inception Can only be appropriated by setting aside a cash fund
Represent an amount of cash available to pay shareholders
Are never adjusted for anything other than net income or dividends
All of the above
“Looking for a Similar Assignment? Get Expert Help For A 100% ORIGINAL PAPER!”
Small capital stocks was first posted on April 16, 2019 at 8:01 am.©2019 “Lion Essays”. Use of this feed is for personal non-commercial use only. If you are not reading this article in your feed reader, then the site is guilty of copyright infringement. Please contact me at support@Lion Essays.com
Small capital stocks Lion Essays.
Small capital stocks was first posted on April 9, 2022 at 7:55 am.©2019 “Lion Essays”. Use of this feed is for personal non-commercial use only. If you are not reading this article in your feed reader, then the site is guilty of copyright infringement. Please contact me at email@example.com
- WE OFFER THE BEST CUSTOM PAPER WRITING SERVICES. WE HAVE DONE THIS QUESTION BEFORE, WE CAN ALSO DO IT FOR YOU.
- Assignment status: Already Solved By Our Experts
- (USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
- CLICK HERE TO GET A PROFESSIONAL WRITER TO WORK ON THIS PAPER AND OTHER SIMILAR PAPERS, GET A NON PLAGIARIZED PAPER FROM OUR EXPERTS
QUALITY: 100% ORIGINAL PAPER – NO PLAGIARISM – CUSTOM PAPER
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How It Works
- Click on the “Place Your Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the “PAPER DETAILS” section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
AcademicWritersBay.com is an easy-to-use and reliable service that is ready to assist you with your papers 24/7/ 365days a year. 99% of our customers are happy with their papers. Our team is efficient and will always tackle your essay needs comprehensively assuring you of excellent results. Feel free to ask them anything concerning your essay demands or Order.
AcademicWritersBay.com is a private company that offers academic support and assistance to students at all levels. Our mission is to provide proficient and high quality academic services to our highly esteemed clients. AcademicWritersBay.com is equipped with competent and proficient writers to tackle all types of your academic needs, and provide you with excellent results. Most of our writers are holders of master’s degrees or PhDs, which is an surety of excellent results to our clients. We provide assistance to students all over the world.
We provide high quality term papers, research papers, essays, proposals, theses and many others. At AcademicWritersBay.com, you can be sure of excellent grades in your assignments and final exams.