FIND A SOLUTION AT Academic Writers Bay
MGMT 436 – Strategic Management Module 4 Activity
U.S. Securities Exchange Commission (SEC) Form 10-K Report
In this exercise, each student will utilize the U.S. Securities Exchange Commission (SEC) website to access and download your selected company’s Form 10-K Corporate Information Report. This annual report (simply referred to as the “10-K” which is the SEC’s form number) must be electronically filled annually by all U.S. publically-traded entities regardless if they are domestic or foreign. Intended for the protection of the public and for providing corporate and financial information to investors, any stakeholder may access and download this important report for free.
1) Complete the PART I – COMPANY INFORMATION section on the form below. 2) Read about the purpose and mission of U.S. Securities & Exchange Commission (SEC).
https://www.sec.gov/Article/whatwedo.html 3) Locate the “Fast Search” field and enter your company’s Ticker Symbol (e.g., Ford = F).
https://www.sec.gov/edgar/searchedgar/companysearch.html 4) Locate “10-K” under the Filings column (left-side of webpage) and SELECT “Documents”. 5) Locate “10-K” under Description and SELECT the *.htm hyperlink shown under “Documents” column.
Example of Ford Motor Company: f1231201710-k.htm 6) From within the 10-K Report, scroll down to the “Table of Contents” section.
NOTE: Use the keyboard shortcut CTRL-F to easily find and navigate to a specific word or phrase within the 10-K Report.
7) Locate “ITEM 6. Selected Financial Data” and navigate within the 10-K to this specific section. 8) The actual “ITEM 6. Selected Financial Data” section will resemble a data table with various columns
(by year) containing important company financial information. 9) Complete the PART II – FINANCIAL COMPONENT section using the above referenced financial
information for each year provided. NOTE: New (or acquired) companies may have only listed financial information from the year since going public (or since year of being acquired).
10) Complete the PART III – COMPANY 10-K ANALYSIS & SUMMARY section below based on your review and analysis of the 10-K report information.
11) Using the file name convention of “MGMT 436 – LastName – Module #4”, save your work and upload the file to Canvas.
PART I – COMPANY INFORMATION Company Name > Ford Motor Company
Primary Business Classification > Automobile Manufacturing State Incorporated > Michigan
Year Established > 1903 Ticker Symbol > F
Analyst (i.e., Student Name) > John Doe Student
Assignment Instructions for Students
IN YOUR OWN WORDS and based on various information that you have read in the company’s 10-K report, summarize your findings as to the company’s financial health (i.e., solvency) and strategic financial plan from a historical, current, and future perspective in the space provided below.
NOTE: Do NOT copy and paste directly from the 10-K Report. LIMIT your analysis to 300 words maximum.
It appears that Ford has drastically reduced its debt and pension obligations in recent years, enabling the company to attain investment-grade ratings from credit rating agencies. Ford’s automotive debt has declined to $13.8 billion at the end of 2014, and it will decline to $10 billion by 2018. Also, Ford’s pension plan was underfunded by a staggering $18.7 billion at the end of 2014, but was halved to $9 billion at the end of 2016. The company’s continuing operations are more profitable than those of many other companies in its industry, resulting in an Operating Margin that is above its industry average. It’s becoming increasingly important for automakers to have a successful global luxury brand to help increase average transaction prices and profit margins. Ford’s luxury Lincoln brand has struggled for years, and a full turnaround is probably a decade away. Lincoln sales have been cut roughly in half, from around 190,000 units in the U.S. in 2000 to fewer than 90,000 units annually over the last five years. Overseas, Ford, much like many automakers, is having a rough time in Europe and South America. Ford lost a total of $4.3 billion in Europe operations. Management expects to lose less in Europe this year than in 2014, and to break even in 2016. Meanwhile, South America went from a $33 million loss in 2013 to a whopping $1.1 billion loss last year. Both regions will continue to drag on earnings in the near term. Ford is subject to threats that affect all automakers, including a decline in industry sales volume in the event of a recession, potential market shift from more profitable vehicles to smaller and cheaper vehicles, and increased price competition which reduces profitability.
PART III – COMPANY 10-K ANALYSIS & SUMMARY
PART II – FINANCIAL COMPONENT SEC Form 10-K Data 2017 2016 2015 2014
INCOME STATEMENT Total Revenues >
Net Income before taxes (or Loss) > $156,776 $8,148
BALANCE SHEET Total Assets >
Total Liabilities >
Equity (Assets – Liabilities) =
- U.S. Securities Exchange Commission (SEC) Form 10-K Report
- Example of Ford Motor Company: f1231201710-k.htm
- WE OFFER THE BEST CUSTOM PAPER WRITING SERVICES. WE HAVE DONE THIS QUESTION BEFORE, WE CAN ALSO DO IT FOR YOU.
- Assignment status: Already Solved By Our Experts
- (USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
- CLICK HERE TO GET A PROFESSIONAL WRITER TO WORK ON THIS PAPER AND OTHER SIMILAR PAPERS, GET A NON PLAGIARIZED PAPER FROM OUR EXPERTS
QUALITY: 100% ORIGINAL PAPER – NO PLAGIARISM – CUSTOM PAPER
Why Choose Us?
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How It Works
- Click on the “Place Your Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the “PAPER DETAILS” section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
AcademicWritersBay.com is an easy-to-use and reliable service that is ready to assist you with your papers 24/7/ 365days a year. 99% of our customers are happy with their papers. Our team is efficient and will always tackle your essay needs comprehensively assuring you of excellent results. Feel free to ask them anything concerning your essay demands or Order.
AcademicWritersBay.com is a private company that offers academic support and assistance to students at all levels. Our mission is to provide proficient and high quality academic services to our highly esteemed clients. AcademicWritersBay.com is equipped with competent and proficient writers to tackle all types of your academic needs, and provide you with excellent results. Most of our writers are holders of master’s degrees or PhDs, which is an surety of excellent results to our clients. We provide assistance to students all over the world.
We provide high quality term papers, research papers, essays, proposals, theses and many others. At AcademicWritersBay.com, you can be sure of excellent grades in your assignments and final exams.