FIND A SOLUTION AT Academic Writers Bay
View attached explanation and answer. Let me know if you have any questions.1Case Study: Creating a Culture of Safety in Response to a Medication AdministrationErrorStudent’s NameInstitutional AffiliationDate2IntroductionHealthcare providers are expected to ensure that patients access high-quality, safe, andaffordable care. However, for this to happen, healthcare organizations should create and maintaina safety culture (Han et al., 2020). Generally, a patient safety culture denotes the extent to whicha healthcare organization supports and promotes patient safety. Such a culture comprises sharednorms, beliefs, and values, influencing healthcare professionals’ behaviors and actions in clinicalsettings (Han et al., 2020). Patient safety is substantially threatened when errors occur. Althoughmistakes can take different forms, the most common ones appear during the medicationadministration process (Di Simone et al., 2018). Of all healthcare professionals, nurses are theones predominantly responsible for administering medication to patients. They might spend closeto 40% of their time doing this (Di Simone et al., 2018). Since nurses are human, they are proneto making mistakes when fulfilling this responsibility (Di Simone et al., 2018). Medicationadministration mistakes can adversely affect patient safety, considering they can lead to anincrease in a patient’s morbidity, mortality, and healthcare expenses (Di Simone et al., 2018). Assuch, this paper will analyze a case study of a medication administration mistake accompaniedby a failure to monitor a patient and recommend an improvement plan to address the identifiedpatient safety issues.Case StudyDescription of Adverse EventA 26-year-old man without any significant medical history presented to a hospital’semergency room, complaining of flu-like symptoms, generalized body pain, and a fever. Thepatient’s worsening symptoms prompted him to seek care (NSO, 2021). An abnormal CT scan ofthe patient’s chest revealed he had a near-collapse of the right upper lobe, a high blood count, as3well as an abnormal coagulation profile and liver function tests (NSO, 2021). Due to this, thepatient was admitted to the ICU and started on antibiotics and oxygen therapy. The attendingphysician was the first one to see the patient while he was in the ICU. When the physicianinitially examined the patient, he was not in any substantial respiratory distress and wasresponding well to the antibiotic and oxygen therapy (NSO, 2021). Despite this, the attendingphysician noted that the patient had abnormal blood chemistry, considering his potassium levelwas 2.9, which was below the normal range of betwee…
- WE OFFER THE BEST CUSTOM PAPER WRITING SERVICES. WE HAVE DONE THIS QUESTION BEFORE, WE CAN ALSO DO IT FOR YOU.
- Assignment status: Already Solved By Our Experts
- (USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
- CLICK HERE TO GET A PROFESSIONAL WRITER TO WORK ON THIS PAPER AND OTHER SIMILAR PAPERS, GET A NON PLAGIARIZED PAPER FROM OUR EXPERTS
QUALITY: 100% ORIGINAL PAPER – NO PLAGIARISM – CUSTOM PAPER
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How It Works
- Click on the “Place Your Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the “PAPER DETAILS” section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
AcademicWritersBay.com is an easy-to-use and reliable service that is ready to assist you with your papers 24/7/ 365days a year. 99% of our customers are happy with their papers. Our team is efficient and will always tackle your essay needs comprehensively assuring you of excellent results. Feel free to ask them anything concerning your essay demands or Order.
AcademicWritersBay.com is a private company that offers academic support and assistance to students at all levels. Our mission is to provide proficient and high quality academic services to our highly esteemed clients. AcademicWritersBay.com is equipped with competent and proficient writers to tackle all types of your academic needs, and provide you with excellent results. Most of our writers are holders of master’s degrees or PhDs, which is an surety of excellent results to our clients. We provide assistance to students all over the world.
We provide high quality term papers, research papers, essays, proposals, theses and many others. At AcademicWritersBay.com, you can be sure of excellent grades in your assignments and final exams.