FIND A SOLUTION AT Academic Writers Bay
SIT105 Thinking Technology and Design – T1, 2021
SIT105 THINKING TECHNOLOGY AND
DESIGN APPLIED PROJECT
DUE: 21 MAY 2021 AT 8.00PM
UNIT LEARNING OUTCOMES
Two ‘Unit Learning Outcome (ULO)’ of this unit are used for this assessment:
(ULO2) develop strategies using generic and IT specific techniques to explore algorithms and (ULO3) Create algorithms using the input-processing-output model, defining diagrams and pseudocode to demonstrate simple program design.
This assignment requires you to design and develop algorithms using pseudocode. The assignment will indicate whether
students can partially attain the associated Unit Learning Outcomes.
Read the entire assignment sheet, the rubric and answer all the following tasks below.
Place your name, ID and answers in your document. Please note that only MS Word (docx) may be submitted. The word count is 1500 words max (upper limit), so be concise and efficient with your pseudocode! Submit your assignment document on CloudDeakin Applied Project folder.
Metro has chosen Boston Dynamics as the vendor to produce the automated passenger train discussed in the Critical Thinking Task. The project is now being broken down into segments (divide and conquer) by the project manager. They have outlined that one major part of this project is to develop the algorithms (artificial intelligence) to operate the train and ensure it does what it is designed to do safely and successfully. So, your goal as the software developer is to create 2 key algorithm modules in pseudocode format (not programming languages).
APPLIED PROJECT: DESIGN THE AUTOMATED TRAIN ALGORITHM FUNCTIONALITY!
The purpose of this applied project is to develop the overall algorithm for the automated train; however, this will begin with developing functionality for only 2 main operations, one easier and one more difficult described below (you will need a variety of modules).
Your algorithm should begin with a Main() & END where all sub-modules will be launched from.
TASK 1 – FUNCTIONALITY: AUTOMATIC FEE DEDUCTION (BEGINNER-INTERMEDIATE)
Fees need to be automatically deducted from passengers’ accounts.
1. Assume passengers’ identity information including accounts have been stored already in the online database.
2. When a passenger walks toward the entry gate (entry point to the train station), the mounting camera will scan the face, the passenger will then select a trip. When the scanned face data matches that in the database, the entry gate will be opened, and a fee will be deducted automatically from the corresponding passenger’s account.
3. Fees: (1) if the trip is less than 10 km, the fee is $3; (2) if the trip is equal to or larger than 10 km, but less than 80 km, the fee is $10; (3) if the trip is equal to or more than 80 km, the fee is $15. (4) the maximum trip is 130 km. 4. Print messages if needed.
5. You will need to demonstrate the use of both a selection statement and repetition statement in Task 1.
6. You need to submit your defining diagram for this question and the algorithm written in pseudocode.
7. Hint: face involves characteristics like eye, hair etc. If you feel like going for a high score on this task, you need to consider the characteristics and the trip distances, and use modules where possible.
TASK 2 – FUNCTIONALITY: ENTRY & TRAVEL & EXIT (INTERMEDIATE-ADVANCED)
In this second task we focus on the whole procedure, including entry, travel and exit.
1. You already have your algorithm for Task 1. Use/call your algorithm properly in this task.
2. After entry, each passenger needs to board a train to start travel.
PAGE 1 OF 2
SIT105 Thinking Technology and Design – T1, 2021
3. Mange speed of the train: ‘fast’, ‘slow’, ‘start’, ‘stop’.
4. Manage the boarding and leaving of passengers from the train. count the number of passengers.
when should you unlock/open the doors? assume there is a sensor at all doors which keeps track of how many enter or leave a train (maximum allowed on a train is 1000).
5. Mange the exiting of a station (after finishing the travel).
Face scanned again, allowing machine to check if the deduction is matched with the trip (i.e. trip distance).
6. Return trip is NOT required.
7. You will need to demonstrate the use of both a selection statement and repetition statement in this task.
8. You need to design your algorithm sequential cohesion and data coupling.
9. You need to submit your algorithm sub-module written in pseudocode (NO defining diagram required).
PAGE 2 OF 2
- WE OFFER THE BEST CUSTOM PAPER WRITING SERVICES. WE HAVE DONE THIS QUESTION BEFORE, WE CAN ALSO DO IT FOR YOU.
- Assignment status: Already Solved By Our Experts
- (USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
- CLICK HERE TO GET A PROFESSIONAL WRITER TO WORK ON THIS PAPER AND OTHER SIMILAR PAPERS, GET A NON PLAGIARIZED PAPER FROM OUR EXPERTS
QUALITY: 100% ORIGINAL PAPER – NO PLAGIARISM – CUSTOM PAPER
Why Choose Us?
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How It Works
- Click on the “Place Your Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the “PAPER DETAILS” section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
AcademicWritersBay.com is an easy-to-use and reliable service that is ready to assist you with your papers 24/7/ 365days a year. 99% of our customers are happy with their papers. Our team is efficient and will always tackle your essay needs comprehensively assuring you of excellent results. Feel free to ask them anything concerning your essay demands or Order.
AcademicWritersBay.com is a private company that offers academic support and assistance to students at all levels. Our mission is to provide proficient and high quality academic services to our highly esteemed clients. AcademicWritersBay.com is equipped with competent and proficient writers to tackle all types of your academic needs, and provide you with excellent results. Most of our writers are holders of master’s degrees or PhDs, which is an surety of excellent results to our clients. We provide assistance to students all over the world.
We provide high quality term papers, research papers, essays, proposals, theses and many others. At AcademicWritersBay.com, you can be sure of excellent grades in your assignments and final exams.