This is the second of a series of five assignments focusing on software engineering ethics.
Read the attached Ethics-II.pdf Download Ethics-II.pdfwhich continues the discussion on what Ethics mean in the context of software engineering.
Then proceed to answer the questions inside the reading:
Questions 2.1 and 2.2
Questions 3.1 and 3.2
Because for many ethics questions there is no absolutely right or wrong answers as such, your responses will be graded based on completeness and thoughtfulness as opposed to rote or perfunctory ones. There are three grade levels for this assignment based on your responses to all the questions: 20 (no reasoning in responses), 35 (minimal to little reasoning), and 50 (sufficient reasoning and consideration).
Write your answers in a Word file using Times New Roman font (no smaller than 10 pt but no bigger than 12 pt), single spacing, 1″ margins on all sides. At least 3 pages
Question 2.1: What sorts of things can excellent software engineers contribute to the good life? (Answer as fully/in as many ways as you are able)
Question 2.2: What kinds of character traits, qualities, behaviors and/or habits do you think mark the kinds of people who tend to contribute most in these ways? (Answer as fully/in as many ways as you are able)
Question 3.1: Who are the various stakeholders in this scenario, and what do they each have at stake in your action? Reflect carefully and deeply, and answer as fully as possible.
Question 3.2: What do you think is your ethical obligation in this situation? What do you think an excellent software engineer would do in this situation? Are they the same thing, or different? Please explain your answer.
Question 4.1: Which of the contributions in your answer to 2.1 are related to vital public good(s)? What vital public goods might software engineers help to secure that you did not mention in your initial answer to 2.1?
M4 Discussion 1
Read the attached article: “The Mythical Man-Month Download The Mythical Man-Month“, by Frederick Brooks, extracts from The Mythical Man Month book, 1975.
1. Tell us something about what you learn from this article. Your posting should contain at least 100 words;2. Provide constructive comment on at least one other student’s posting. “Agree”, “good” etc. are not counted as constructive commenting.
M4 Discussion 2
Find at least two credible sources to study the recent VW Diesel Scandal and read what this topic is about and what the latest development is.
1. Discuss your understanding of this case from the software engineering ethics viewpoint. Consider including in your post on your thoughts related to questions such as
What VW software engineers should have done to in order contribute to the good life for others in this case;
Who are the public’ to who the VW software engneers is obligated;
Why the software engineers is obligated to protect the public and
how VW software engineers failed in this case.
Your posting should contain at least 100 words;
2. List the two sources used in your research at the end of your post;
3. Provide constructive comment on at least one other student’s posting. “Agree”, “good” etc. are not counted as constructive commenting.
Assignment status: Already Solved By Our Experts
(USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
QUALITY: 100% ORIGINAL PAPER – NO PLAGIARISM - CUSTOM PAPER
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How It Works
- Click on the “Place Your Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
AcademicWritersBay.com is an easy-to-use and reliable service that is ready to assist you with your papers 24/7/ 365days a year. 99% of our customers are happy with their papers. Our team is efficient and will always tackle your essay needs comprehensively assuring you of excellent results. Feel free to ask them anything concerning your essay demands or Order.
AcademicWritersBay.com is a private company that offers academic support and assistance to students at all levels. Our mission is to provide proficient and high quality academic services to our highly esteemed clients. AcademicWritersBay.com is equipped with competent and proficient writers to tackle all types of your academic needs, and provide you with excellent results. Most of our writers are holders of master's degrees or PhDs, which is an surety of excellent results to our clients. We provide assistance to students all over the world.
We provide high quality term papers, research papers, essays, proposals, theses and many others. At AcademicWritersBay.com, you can be sure of excellent grades in your assignments and final exams.