Now for some practical applications of what you’ve read. In Exercise 1.3 in your text (page 21, I believe), four emails are presented that make a request of a professor.
Answer the following questions in detail for each of the four emails. Short, one-or-two-word answers are not detailed enough.
(1) How well does each message meet the needs of the reader and the writer? Why or why not?
(2) Is the message clear, complete, and correct? Note that three questions are asked here.
“1.3Messages for Discussion I—Asking for a Class
The following are emails from various students to Dr. Violet Sands, who is a professor in the English Department. These students are wondering if Dr. Sands would let them register for her already-full class (English 320: Business Communication). Each email shows a different way a student could make a request of Dr. Sands. How well does each message meet the needs of the reader and the writer? Is the message clear, com-plete, and correct?”
“Hi Violet, My name is Jake and I was wondering if you had any extra seats in your English 320 class. See, I’m a senior and I really need to take your class so I can graduate. I don’t know what else to do. I didn’t take it last year cuz I really didn’t want to. I’m desperate. Help me out. Jake”
“Hello Sands, I’m sorry to bother you, but I really, really need to get into your English 320 class. My advisor totally screwed up my schedule and I didn’t know I needed to take this class. It’s so weird because I shouldn’t have to take this class anyway, but whatever. So, if you could just add me into your class that would be great. Thanks, Ally”
“Dr. Sands, Good morning. I hate to email you right before the semester begins, but I have a request. When I tried to register for your Eng 320 course, the website stated the course was full. I was wondering if I could possibly be put on a list to add the course just in case someone drops it. I am very interested in this course and would love to take it this semester if at all possible. Thank you so much for your time, Christine”
“Dear Dr. Sands, Do u have any more seats open in your class? I think its 302 or 320 or something like that. Anyways, it would be cool if you would let me into the class. Sorry for emailing right at the last minute, but I didn’t know what else to do. You are the best, Andrew”
Assignment status: Already Solved By Our Experts
(USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
QUALITY: 100% ORIGINAL PAPER – NO PLAGIARISM - CUSTOM PAPER
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How It Works
- Click on the “Place Your Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
AcademicWritersBay.com is an easy-to-use and reliable service that is ready to assist you with your papers 24/7/ 365days a year. 99% of our customers are happy with their papers. Our team is efficient and will always tackle your essay needs comprehensively assuring you of excellent results. Feel free to ask them anything concerning your essay demands or Order.
AcademicWritersBay.com is a private company that offers academic support and assistance to students at all levels. Our mission is to provide proficient and high quality academic services to our highly esteemed clients. AcademicWritersBay.com is equipped with competent and proficient writers to tackle all types of your academic needs, and provide you with excellent results. Most of our writers are holders of master's degrees or PhDs, which is an surety of excellent results to our clients. We provide assistance to students all over the world.
We provide high quality term papers, research papers, essays, proposals, theses and many others. At AcademicWritersBay.com, you can be sure of excellent grades in your assignments and final exams.