A hands on review–I expect your application of concepts review to be approximately 2 – 3 pages; to include references from the APUS Library system (failure to include such references will detract from your grade on the assignment), and that the paper be written in proper grammar/spelling. The intention of this assignment is to apply the concepts to real world situations. Write well–Do your best work.
Use and refer to all the concepts in our readings as well as the APUS library this week to effectively answer this question. Be sure to cite your work!
Southwest Airlines: Staying Ahead in the Pricing Game
This assignment examines why Southwest Airlines was by all measures the most successful airline in the U.S. Southwest had devised a business model based on low costs and low prices. But that model also included very reliable and personable service. With such a winning combination, its no wonder that Southwest consistently did what no other airline company could: it turned a profit.
When something works, you stick with it. Southwest did just that, changing its strategy very little. But all good things come to an end. As market conditions began to change, it became very apparent that Southwest would not be able to maintain its advantage based on the same model it had been employing. So in 2004, Gary Keller, the newly crowned CEO, made some very significant changes to Southwest’s game plan.
This case outlines that nature of Southwest original business plan as well as the changes implemented during and after 2004. In both cases, the focus is on how Southwest implemented pricing policy. The contrast provides an excellent opportunity for students to consider whether or not the changes are changes in the right direction.
1. What has been Southwest’s traditional pricing strategy? Why has this pricing strategy been so successful throughout the airline’s first three decades?
2. What values do airline customers-both business and leisure travelers-seek when they buy air travel tickets? Has Southwest done a better job than competitors of meeting the needs of these air travelers? In what ways?
3. What internal and external factors affect airline pricing decisions? What impact are these factors now having on airline pricing and profitability?
4. What is Southwest’s current pricing strategy? Does his strategy differentiate Southwest from its competitors? Is the strategy sustainable?
5. What marketing recommendations, including pricing recommendations, would you make to Southwest as it moves into the next decade?
Assignment status: Already Solved By Our Experts
(USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
QUALITY: 100% ORIGINAL PAPER – NO PLAGIARISM - CUSTOM PAPER
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How It Works
- Click on the “Place Your Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
AcademicWritersBay.com is an easy-to-use and reliable service that is ready to assist you with your papers 24/7/ 365days a year. 99% of our customers are happy with their papers. Our team is efficient and will always tackle your essay needs comprehensively assuring you of excellent results. Feel free to ask them anything concerning your essay demands or Order.
AcademicWritersBay.com is a private company that offers academic support and assistance to students at all levels. Our mission is to provide proficient and high quality academic services to our highly esteemed clients. AcademicWritersBay.com is equipped with competent and proficient writers to tackle all types of your academic needs, and provide you with excellent results. Most of our writers are holders of master's degrees or PhDs, which is an surety of excellent results to our clients. We provide assistance to students all over the world.
We provide high quality term papers, research papers, essays, proposals, theses and many others. At AcademicWritersBay.com, you can be sure of excellent grades in your assignments and final exams.