Please give a concise 150-200 word response. Your grade will be determined by (1) the clarity of your response, (2) the organization/grammar, and (3) the strength of arguments. To fully satisfy the third criteria, students must apply the relevant course material to the problem.
California (CA) is often cited as the leader in climate policy within the U.S. and in 2013 the state launched its cap and trade system (hereafter referred to as CTS) which regu- lates six different types of emissions for industrial and energy sectors within the state. These two sectors account for an estimated 85% of all emission sources within the state.
The main appeal that market based policy instruments like a CTS (another exam- ple is a pigouvian tax) has is that it theoretically acheives an environmental goal at the least cost to society. In other words, polluters that can reduce pollution the cheapest will do so before those who can only do so at a high cost under a market based policy instrument. For more background on what a general CTS is, click here. To learn more about CA’s CTS, click here or here or here.
Question 1: Proponents of CA’s CTS claim that the system is a success, reaching CA’s annual emissions targets at least cost. What assumptions must hold for this claim to be true?
Question 2: Suppose that the CA’s CTS is able to acheive any environmental target at least cost. Why might there still be an optimality issue? In other words, even if CA’s CTS can acheive a cap at least cost, why might this system still fail to acheive the optimal level of greenhouse gases?
Assignment status: Already Solved By Our Experts
(USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
QUALITY: 100% ORIGINAL PAPER – NO PLAGIARISM - CUSTOM PAPER
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How It Works
- Click on the “Place Your Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
AcademicWritersBay.com is an easy-to-use and reliable service that is ready to assist you with your papers 24/7/ 365days a year. 99% of our customers are happy with their papers. Our team is efficient and will always tackle your essay needs comprehensively assuring you of excellent results. Feel free to ask them anything concerning your essay demands or Order.
AcademicWritersBay.com is a private company that offers academic support and assistance to students at all levels. Our mission is to provide proficient and high quality academic services to our highly esteemed clients. AcademicWritersBay.com is equipped with competent and proficient writers to tackle all types of your academic needs, and provide you with excellent results. Most of our writers are holders of master's degrees or PhDs, which is an surety of excellent results to our clients. We provide assistance to students all over the world.
We provide high quality term papers, research papers, essays, proposals, theses and many others. At AcademicWritersBay.com, you can be sure of excellent grades in your assignments and final exams.